Creating guitar cab IRs with MFreeformEqualizer(video)

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I made a video showing how to make IRs for all the guitar players out there. Although it can't perfectly match someone elses tones, in cases where you need to copy an old tone you recorded or you need to copy a tone for a cover, it works really well. Tell me what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsx8j5Z ... phw03c010c

Hey nice one man!
Is there any plugin from Melda plugin that does cabinet simulation?

Thavma wrote:Hey nice one man!
Is there any plugin from Melda plugin that does cabinet simulation?
Thanks. I think MMultibandconvolution has low enough latency to do it. I haven't checked though since it is easier/more convenient to do it through an amp sim plugin. If you're using it for keyboards or something like that MMC would be a good choice to use though.

Chandlerhimself wrote:I made a video showing how to make IRs for all the guitar players out there. Although it can't perfectly match someone elses tones, in cases where you need to copy an old tone you recorded or you need to copy a tone for a cover, it works really well. Tell me what you think.
Nice :-) I didn't notice that the FreeformEQ also has some cool new features. Anyway, techically it's not an Impulse Response I guess, or is it? Actually I don't know how it works under the hood.

To learn how it works under the hood I looked at all the equations on the wiki convolution page...lol...maybe I'll stick with rocket science.

But, my understanding is that the sample created by Melda's test tone/ record thing is indeed an IR.

ZentralmassivSound wrote: Nice :-) I didn't notice that the FreeformEQ also has some cool new features. Anyway, techically it's not an Impulse Response I guess, or is it? Actually I don't know how it works under the hood.
I didn't know either. I didn't know it was FFT based. For this type of application it works really well. After getting the frequency spectrum I used MMC to make an IR. Although there really isn't much info in the time domain, I beleive it still is considered an IR.
goldglob wrote:To learn how it works under the hood I looked at all the equations on the wiki convolution page...lol...maybe I'll stick with rocket science.

But, my understanding is that the sample created by Melda's test tone/ record thing is indeed an IR.
A few years ago I was trying to study some advanced math and I looked into how it worked and although the math is a bit hard the basic idea is simple.

Ok, so first, MMBC is zero latency ;). And MFreeformEqualizer is based on FFT by default, but in minimum phase mode it is actually minimum phase, so.. zero latency ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”