Quick question about renamed plugins.

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, congrats to major update to v 11 :)

I've been using many Melda plugins for my projects.

But some name of plugins were changed after I update to v11.

Due to this, my all projects have been used v10 are haves serious problems because the projects can't be found renamed plugins.

Yeah I know my English is bad, So I explain with some example.

My projects are still searching 'MMultibandDistortion' but it's renamed to 'MDistortionMB', there is a problem.

How can I solve this problem? I'm very serious :(

Currently I using FL Studio 12

Cheers
Ambient artist and sound designer to get chickens.
http://www.weatherm.net/

I changed plugins name to old name in Plugin Manager as a temporary measure.
If anyone knows better solution let me know. :)
Ambient artist and sound designer to get chickens.
http://www.weatherm.net/

I also use FL Studio 12.

When I installed V11, I got a message saying I had to uninstall V10, so I did (I didn't realize that I actually didn't have to uninstall V10 if I had clicked NO. The message you initially get is a little misleading. It says you HAVE to uninstall V10.)

What I just did is download the latest V10 installer (and I have now backed it up) and I only installed the plugins with the word multi in them except for MMultiAnalyzer. Don’t install that one. It's also in V11.

Also install MDynamicsLimiter and MLimiter from the V10 installer if you have used those in projects in the past. Leave all the other plugins unchecked.

Now install V11. When you get a message to uninstall V10, click "NO". Now on the next screen select all the plugins you own from V11 and install.

Rescan plugins in Fl Studio.

Now the V11 and v10 plugins should be co-habitating nicely (crossing fingers). Seems to be working for me.

PS: I put V10 in an "Old version need to install as well for compatibility" folder in my backup plugin folder with the specific instructions on which plugins to install if I ever do this again in a few years (to open old projects).

"From version 10.07, Only install the plugins with the word multi in them except for MMultiAnalyzer. Don’t install that one. Also install MDynamicsLimiter and MLimiter.
This will enable old projects that use the multiband plugins named “MMultiband..” to open as well as MDynamicsLimiter and MLimiter.

Once V10.7 has been installed per the instructions above, install V11 right afterwards.

The old named V10 plugins and all of the V11 plugins should be working side by side."

"
Play it by ear

Here are the details of the name changes:
v10 -> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .v11
MLimiter -> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . MSaturator
MDynamicsLimiter -> . . . . . . . MLimiterX
MEqualizerLinearPhase -> . . . .MEqualizerLP
MAutoEqualizerLinearPhase -> MAutoEqualizerLP
MMultiBand*** -> . . . . . . . . . M***MB (for example, MMultiBandAutopan -> MAutopanMB)
Disclaimer: I think that this should work, but I have not yet tried it myself.

You could also do this (after you have the v11 and the necessary v10 multiband plug-ins both installed):
  • load your old project (which uses the v10 plug-ins),
  • where you see one of the 'old v10' plug-ins, add the v11 equivalent,
  • in the v10 plug-in, copy the parameter settings using the [Copy] button on the right-hand side,
  • in the v11 plug-in, paste the parameter settings using the [Paste] button on the right-hand side,
  • remove the v10 plug-in from your project
  • save the project, with a slightly different name (just in case).
If you are using more than one of the A..H slots then it will be easier to save them all as a preset, then load that preset into the equivalent v11 plug-in.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Exactly. I'd suggest using the installer again, performing "full system clean up", just in case, then installing everything and letting the host rescan, just in case. Most hosts don't need that, but who knows. FL is using both filenames (which have changed) and the internal IDs, which are intact and should be used, so it's quite imperative to ensure the old version isn't there anymore. Also make sure you have FL up to date.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Vojtech, you know I love your stuff.. but man... why did you have to change the names old buddy? huh? What a pain...

Anyway, I just did a test loading multiband vibrato and VibratoMB as well as multiband tremolo and tremolo MB all in the same project. I saved it and relaunched it and the correct plugins are opening correctly. Latest official Fl Studio 12 release.
Play it by ear

^^^^
One of the reasons was so that they were distinguishable in Mixer / track slots, rather than seeing more than named apparently named "MMultiban".

And, of course, there was the long-running saga of MLimiter really being a saturation plug-in.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

MeldaProduction wrote:Exactly. I'd suggest using the installer again, performing "full system clean up", just in case, then installing everything and letting the host rescan, just in case. Most hosts don't need that, but who knows. FL is using both filenames (which have changed) and the internal IDs, which are intact and should be used, so it's quite imperative to ensure the old version isn't there anymore. Also make sure you have FL up to date.
Thank you for the update!

You say, "exactly", but then I'm not sure I'm able to follow exactly what you wrote. Could you please give a step by step set of instructions?

Thanks much!

As DarkStar says, the long names just became a problem.

alexis1: Sure. Run the installer, go through the all pages up to the page where there's the "Plugin clean up", click one of the buttons, the fast scan is fine usually, but if you tend to change the plugin paths, I'd go with the full system scan. Then let if delete all the plugins it finds, these are just some Melda plugins it finds on your system, and it needs to remove them to ensure there are no "ancient leftovers" :). Then just install all you need. And after the go to FL, plugins settings and perform a full rescan. Probably restart FL after that. Worked here.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:As DarkStar says, the long names just became a problem.

alexis1: Sure. Run the installer, go through the all pages up to the page where there's the "Plugin clean up", click one of the buttons, the fast scan is fine usually, but if you tend to change the plugin paths, I'd go with the full system scan. Then let if delete all the plugins it finds, these are just some Melda plugins it finds on your system, and it needs to remove them to ensure there are no "ancient leftovers" :). Then just install all you need. And after the go to FL, plugins settings and perform a full rescan. Probably restart FL after that. Worked here.
Great, thx. I've got Cubase 9.0.20, but as far as I can see, your instructions seem "universal". So thanks again!

My pleasure. I'm a Cubase user myself and found no problems with it whatsoever.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”