Question about Solo Listen in mequalizers

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I try to use the solo listen function of the equalizers, but for me I'm hearing to much of the surrounding frequencies. It feels like I'm not only hearing the frequencies I'd like to cut later on for example and so I often use a very narrow bandwidth in solo mode, but get brother without solo listening.
Other eqs does this in another way and I feel like hearing the frequencies in solo listen more separated.

Something possible Vojtech?

Thanks and greets
Marek

Drag up and down with your mouse while in auto listen mode, it will narrow/widen the band.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Sorry I can make this more clear:

Don't click on an EQ node, instead click anywhere in the background and drag around (whilst in auto listen mode)

I know, but also with the most narrow bandwidth I can hear the frequencies besides, which won't be filtered by a cut. I'd like to hear what I filter after listening in solo listen.

Actually I understand what you mean now.
Say if I only cut/boost by 4db with a Q of 1, the slope of the auto listen extends beyond the frequencies.
Maybe there should be an option to change the order/slope of the auto listen?

Correct, would be nice if it corresponds to each other. Solo listen to be the same like not soloing.
I'd like to hear only what I remove or boost. Is that given Vojtech?

Actually right now it shows what you are boosting or attenuating. By increasing the Q for autolisten, it would be confusing at least. I'd rather avoid that to be honest. You can always narrow the Q temporarily. That way you'd at least hear exactly what is going on instead of some modification, that could really mess up your judgement.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”