MTurboDelay - Game Still On?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got an email about this several weeks ago and have seen nothing else. Is this initiative still happening?

I assume it is, but a confirmation would be nice. I also have a suggestion of sorts. It's not actually a feature request because I don't have a clear picture of what would work. However, the problem with LE-type derivations implemented on top of a complex engine is that the "presets" are actually fully formed FX modules in their own right. To that end, the ability to document what they do and/or the suggested ways in which they should be applied would be really useful.

I ran into this problem in creating a preset for MTurboReverb. My particular preset only made sense when used as a send effect (I won't go into why - just trust me that this was the only way to effectively use it).

With MTurboDelay, we will probably end up with a collection of diverse delay plug-in types for which a multiparam-by-multiparam description is insufficient information as to how the thing should be used.

Any ideas here on solving this? Perhaps I should have first asked: anyone else perceive this as a problem?

That is one of the reasons that I was asking about adding the "Information Panel" that can be found in MTurboComp to other plugins.

As for the MTurboDelay development, I too haven't seen anything in a couple of weeks.

I did stumble across a potentially interesting idea for inspiration if anyone is still working towards developing it...
A pendulum creates Lissajous patterns that vary due to changing the length of their x and y axis. The patterns evolve due to the loss of energy in creating a single swing. I watched a few videos and wondered about multiple delays whose relationship to one another could be varied and then gradually sped up or slowed down to simulate gaining or losing momentum...or even possibly having the relationships change.

Just more crazy thoughts/ ideas.

Actually yes, it's still in progress, and there's no rush really. After all there will be improvements in the next update to the Delay FX and there will be the new Spectral delay FX (no dedicated MSpectralDelay won't be released yet). As for the info, feel free to include it as info for the preset, it will probably be displayed as a popup, similar to MTurboComp, but a big popup instead of the small text as it seems that the info texts may be rather long.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yeah MSpectralDelay is dope! Best spectral delay I've ever seen and tried. So what is the Spectral delay fx that you mention here then? I noticed that we already have MSpectralDelay in MXXX so...

Not sure what you mean, but that's the one, it just won't be officially released yet, since there needs to be some improvements and we have already 3 new plugins in the forthcoming update :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Right.
Sounds great - so glad I got the full bundle!

MeldaProduction wrote:there will be improvements in the next update to the Delay FX
Any thoughts to implementing a many-tap delay capability? I've just been watching demo videos for the new Eventide Ultra-tap plug-in - very interesting possibilities here.

Probably best off just getting MXXX and rolling your own. The feedback system is so insane it'll be more flexible to go this route than a hard wired plug IMO.

Exactly! IThe delays, which let you control each tap, are actually just the basic imho. And I think I have already submitted more than enough of them :). The more creative stuff is more interesting now ;)
Vojtech

Didnt see the Spectral Delay sneek in there, just had a quick tweak and damn thats good !!!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Yup!

So I just got the 11.0.3 email and it suggested that this release was especially important to anyone doing an MTurboDelay preset. Can someone enlighten us as to what feature(s) to particularly check out in the documentation that might be of interest in this regard?

I think it's the Shuffle feature and Modify and Count parameters in the Delay module in MXXX and MDelayMB.
Shuffle and Modify seems pretty similar.
Nice additions.
I'd like to also see a changing of delay times without pitch artifacts like NI Replika and Sandman Pro...

Will check it out. I don't really like the nonpitched delay modulation, since it makes it quite pointless to modulate it in the first place (at least to me). But I suppose it's worth checking out.
Vojtech

Pointless? Haha not IMO :)
It surely allows for some unusual delays and is great for electronic music.

Return to “MeldaProduction”