buffer size in freeformEQ is very large (2048 bytes in quality low) in minimum phase reaper show 0

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

for linear phase(minimum phase off) buffer 2048 is used at quality low. low is good enough for me. but i wish block size of 512 bytes (11 ms) for realtime play. I know linear phase need for low frequency large buffer. so what is the lowest frequncy that can work with 512 bytes in mfreeform. maybe buffer can more reduce ?. i can use munison with 512 bytes buffer and it sound good. bass can hear too

BTW: I test mfreeform EQ for speaker calibration. when set smooth to 6% result sound best. It sound really good with the smoothing feature. To test send pink noise to speaker and draw for analyse source a line( you can add measure microphone correction if wish). now record the pink noise with a measure microphone and choose analyse target. I use 2 one for left 1 for right speaker. in equalizer APO can now VST plugins add so i hope it can work with low buffer in equalizer APO
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

I'm afraid I don't think it is a good idea. It's not only about resolution, it could also cause severe distortion. Generally linear-phase stuff cannot really be used realtime. 512 samples may seem fine for your actual case, but not in general. And the resolution would be very very low like that... What is the problem with minimum phase? It indeed has 0 latency.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I think minimum phase in freeform EQ sound same good as linear phase in freeform EQ. But i have not so much hear sessions done. it is known linear phase should sound better many write. I also like to try electronic singers realitone blue to change with formant editing, that it can sound as singers i like more with to sound like. maybe then can hear diffrence, did not know.if it not soujnd so good for diffrent note numbers, mux have now ability to switch effects depend on note number, so there can do for every note a own EQ setting. on my 2.8 GHZ CPU benchmark tell single core can run 267 instances. so freeform EQ is very fast in minimum phase. phase linear it do 127 instances. its fast too. I have no AVX CPU. the speed is measure with my speaker correction file

Well, linear-phase just sounds different, it has different problems etc. Try that and see what works best for you ;). If you want good audio quality, you need bigger buffers anyways.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

In freeform eq there is no wet/dry knob as in mconvolution, to allow reduce of the overall Eq strength. I see in amp match guitar amps or curveeq that there is too a knob to set the strength(0-100%). often it is better wenn do auto eq that it lower or higher all band levels only 80% or lower. it let morph between new EQ and linear setting. maybe such a feature can add in freeform Eq too add ?

Use the "Range", same thing ;).
Vojtech

here i do a video what frequency response can get with linear phase Eq with 512 samples buffer. equalizer apo the system wide EQ for windows support now VST plugins. with the frequency plot every time is show can easy see whats happen
https://youtu.be/HledLDpBybs

it use 512 samples buffer. below is equalizer Apo frequency plot. because of this low buffer frequency below 150 hz can only use for high shelf but good enough for multiband reverb

It's not that simple - spectrum analyzer shows you a very small part of the story. There could be various other artifacts. Also this eq in your video is NOT freeform, that's a HUGE difference here!
Vojtech

I have put this video here, because other thread is more wrong. I mean this only for the band filters in multiband reverb. maybe 6 db if there is no phase shift work good too. the near phase mode in freeform eq is good enough for me too. but because reverb have more click transient(most in early reflections) so maybe it is more hear when phase is shift. I look into my reverb presets and notice when i change reverb with EQ i use Q 0.7 or lower max 4 db. all other sound not good for me. is this

Return to “MeldaProduction”