Should the channel mode button be able to be saved with the preset?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For example in MDynamicEQ I set the channel mode to M+S. Save preset. The plugin remains in M+S mode even when selecting other presets that are meant to be L+R. Manually switching back to L+R, then recalling my preset meant to M+S, the plugin remains in L+R.

The host (Reaper) does save the channel mode state in its own preset saving function, and also upon reloading the project.

Thanks for checking it out.

Confirmed (using MEqualizer, picked at random); also applies to Oversampling, Limiter etc
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Well, that's just how it is, the decision has been made a long time ago. Think about it this way - in most effects you just don't know how the users will be using it. They may want to process LR, or MS or anything... and by loading presets you would kill their settings. It would be even more crazy with upsampling... To do what you want however you can use the presets in your host, host will save everything.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hmm, I don't see it quite like that - if I create a preset specifically intended for MS processing, then when I load it again on another project I would expect it to process MS again (having said that the preset name would probably include "_MS").

But, following your viewpoint, for consistency, those values should not be passed to the host either to save in a host preset.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Ah ok, now I see how not saving the state in the preset is appropriate particularly for plugins other than eqs. For eqs, if the _per band_ channel mode parameter included the options of L or R _and_ M or S, that could satisfy the issue. Currently the per band channel mode options allow for L/R _or_ M/S, depending on the plugins global channel mode.

I understand there are more interesting/important things to work on, so I can deal with the "work around" now that I know what's happening.

DarkStar, that's a very specific case, while in most cases it is the other way around. Anyways backwards compatibility forbids changing it.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”