MXXX: Assign highest of 4 MP values to parameter?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For today's Sodoku, I have 4 MP's that can each be set by the user to separate values. I need whichever user assigned value is the largest to automatically set the value of a 5th Parameter. If the values of the first 4 change, and a different one becomes the largest value, that value now feeds the 5th.

The only truly automatic solution I came up with involves chaining 4 modulators, and it's just not worth the CPU hit, so I'm currently working on putting each of the 4MP's into a panel where each has a switch that makes it the primary. Whenever one of the primary buttons is pressed, all primary buttons for the others are disabled, and the value for the 5th parameter is set according to the value from the MP in the panel with primary enabled.

It's marginally better than having to set the 5th manually, but it would be preferable if there was a way to have the highest value automatically determine the fifth (that didn't involve generating continuous automation).

Code: Select all

$eNq1lW9v2jAQxt-3U1juW1pISJdUAqqKsQ5p6RBowF56yQGWjB05dtf20++cPxQyNqGx8ibJ3fl8v8foce-ueSvIE+icK9mn3nWHEpCJSrlc96k1q6uI3g0uevFyuczBGAzn5BILKRkqIViWQzrl642ZMAmiTzsuLo3GHPYcSfZDQFqEH76NZ-wVfFwbeVHrthPuYiOWv7i4F3Zb3k0YUPJlOssENwa0y3uY871uM4xL-FuMxlYYPmGabQEz+W6uYtsZCEgMpBNh1xwJOy0cfV7zhlEY3Hygg16ZzusX8skK8YgN+3TKDFcEF+19UvLVmsyasUzhGae7wvSy2O67k6buMjsU7LJYi2XXkY+DWa2VlelwwyRKV2nlVCh-2KUumStht9Ae9NqHfXeB3UvujupQjkEj0HGqj1JulI5Vihs+Kr1lojwMLJmqnwXJYbKEnzNhwWkxy6DStwg5pjCqPsqFE9AJSJM7MeqtC1WnTK4xj4e8i5fN4-HHMUne-jzkinhlx7ddqBOhwdME9MgDqpbV0-r0n4CPEPqe--8R-RMQvSaif-YZdo8SRu8A2D0B0G8Cds8GDI4Ceu9xhMEJhN0mYXAG4b01aotekpDPaL2QG6JWfwA++0Qr+0PMyvn+Ahn8FnF+dJ8Y-gQTDXh-EGf1s0QDyLhp1mgrTo-SQIfMwFrpl7GB7ViuFEHmjdJ9ikUx48K9uLh7LhYLfOA4Q-RLpKtUKgbc39zNojPHgVkf0+iVlUUueGo2MTqusigQwfoVF5gqbsEStS5pxzVYe-9SHFz8AmgKYOA=
Here's a basic mockup with 4 MP's, and a fifth that currently needs to be matched manually to the larger value. In this case, MP3 was greatest with a value of 82%, so I had to manually set the 5th to a matching value of 82%. The goal here is to automate the assignment of the 5th parameter so it's not necessary to set manually. (Ignore the individual assignments within the first 4. They just need to be assigned to something in order to save the preset.)

Anyone got a different approach for this?

No idea I'm afraid... I don't think it will be possible, but I may be wrong of course :).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”