[WIP-Now finished] A music for the theatre...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am finishing a music for the theatre and I just wanted to share it with u all.

Any comment will be precious.

This is just the first 2 minutes or so...

Here is the SONG

Updated song

Finally the finished song
Last edited by jumpingflash on Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

A bit shy today?

Ops... i didn't think it was so shitty it didn't deserve a comment...

Ok i got that... :D

This is very professional sounding production for the most part (sampled cymbals are always a toughie).

Personally I thought this sounded like a well orchestrated bit of film music.

Keep up the good work!

polished ...
well crafted ...
vanilla ...

Thanx a lot for your time and comments.

Here's a little update... getting close to the final work...(still 2 minutes to fill though)...

Updated song

Nice piece of work I enjoyed listening to it. Though
it seems difficult to hold the tension in the piece if you still have 2 minutes to fill. Maybe use a chordal change in the middle. What do you use as a VST by the way for the orchestral sounds?

Violins sound like GPO to me. Its neat, but I expected more explosion at arorund 1min. The percussion arround 1:54 is a bit too loud I think, maybe you should mix those snares/cymbals (?) down a bit? and then amp them up at 3:00 :D Did you play the background acoustic guitar panned right?
Music is art, not a product!
Child of Chaos - music page

Violins are EWQL Silver Orchestra and yes in the remaining 2 minutes I used a chordal change and a little new melody.

The guitar is a Motif ES8 guitar... and i will try to mix it better, just listening to it into various speakers and you could be right.

THanx for listening, any more comments are welcome...

nice work jumpingflash! a bit of the old magical-realism, perfect for scoring. vanilla is a good thing when your music is part of an ensemble effort. If the is dialog while this track is playing, be sure to EQ all your high-mids so that the audience can hear the actors through the mix. I agree with spion, the cymbals are too strident. also, adding just a few 'strange' tones really low in the mix creates intrigue, even if the sounds are almost subliminal. crystal and absynth excel at it. maybe the motif has something like that?

good job.

I was thinking about some "strange tones" as well and i will try that tomorrow.
Cymbals too fake? U really think i should use other cymbals sounds ?

Will keep you updated, tomorrow morning i am working on it, i have to hand it in on Monday :D

or just mix the cymbals you have lower into the mix. maybe take some of the top end off of them. your samples are fitting well, i think.

I will try that and later this morning gonna post (hopefully) the finished track.

...any other comments will be appreciated...

And, finally, here it is... the finished song.
Still to re-check some volumes but this is it.

Different parts describe different scenes of the piece i am writing the music for, so the machines sounds are for a machine coming into scene and the melody next to the end is because something has happened and it's something beautiful.

I hope u enjoy this and give me even more advice and comments.

Finally the finished song

Well done. I think you've improved the build up quite well. I like the middle part with the odd sounds.
Only comment I have is that at the end I think I hear one or two hick-ups in the percussion? Around 3:35.

Return to “Music Cafe”