Sophic [riding Sophia]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A few days ago I prepared to ride Sophia once again, this time programming all the available 33 knobs and sliders on the UC33. To my surprise I found that the number buttons acted like played notes. I was able to play with Sophia without using a keyboard.

I had used this setup big time in the ntns live performance earlier this weekend; where someone made the remark of 'calling the elder gods' which I personally found quite fitting and even inspiring at the moment. This morning I set out to do a Sophia solo and recorded it in cubase; rendered that and automated Zrev (:-o :love: :hyper:) on top of that

Finally a slight slice of filterscape and endorphin on the master and Sophic was born.

ermmmmmmmm; yeah I can babble a lot

anyhow

Sophic
192 kbs/21Mb/15,20min

Enjoy

8)

PS: Zrev is one serious reverb-tool from u-he currently being tested
Last edited by mystahr on Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

very cool. Ironically, I was actually writing on the topic of sophia as I listened 8)
..what goes around comes around..

Cheers you two :)

What were you writing about Sophia if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry, went to bed :oops:

I was trying to compare the use of sophia (wisdom) and logos in stoic, Jewish (hokma in tanak) and Christian thought (johannine prologue).

Had Sophic playing in the background. Interesting because, "sophia" itself could be God personified for all three in a way. Cool synchronicity!
..what goes around comes around..

Nice piece. Serene somehow...

Thanks Thomas

That was quite something to use Sophia in such a comparison btw; almost philo-sophic-al ;)

PS: with the current events in N.O. and I guess the way I feel about it myself; I took away the elder gods reference in the title, it suddenly felt quite pretentious.

:love: :love:

especially around 6:40

8)

steve.

:)

8)

bumpalicious.

Cool ride, Mark.

:D

chthonic ...

as i said yesaterday far more soothing than sophia usually is,nice work :)

Indeed, soothing is a good word for this. There are some really great moments of stillness.

sicklecell666 wrote:bumpalicious
8)
gnormal wrote:chthonic
Ahhhh, so it was Kthón people were refering to saturday ;)
vurt wrote:far more soothing
a woman treated with love and respect ;)
shamann wrote:stillness
often in the silence the most is expressed

Cheers all, very much appreciated coming from 4 I admire greatly :D

Cool soundscape. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try my UC16 with Sophia myself one day, sounds like fun.

Return to “Music Cafe”