CypherOne - Vendetta

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Morning :)

Usual nonsense...

Vendetta

160k, 5.7mb

As always, feedback, insults and indifference are welcome...

dl´ing

Great and vibrant mix/production. And even though this falls right in with your usual tunage, I certainly can hear progression. It's nicely filled up with short and long sounds, but nowhere really becomes chaotic or cacaphonic.

Cool and entertaining piece.

Have a listen...

minimal but good enough intro

nice moive sample... like the drum intro. Drums sound nice to me, could do with an almost imperceptable amount of swing. Last snare on the in the 45 roll could go, if I'm being really picky. nice standard lead line coming in. 1:34 Oooo drum and bassish sounds, little too simple needs something more methinks. Nice when the drums come back in, not sure that lead from 1:34 quite sits for that long w drums could cut it earlier. 3:16 lovely lead yup.. Nice when the drums come back in, the tune really is building.

Taking my producer hat off that's a real good breakbeat tune. Contains emotion, suspense and it doesn't get boring. This might sound like a bit funny but (and i'm really being nit picking) post Squarepusher/Venetian Snares/Aphex Twin ect... the cutting could be more radical and intense, kind of at the 32/64th note level, or just live cut a bit. If that happened during the last part of the tune I'd go to a shop and buy your CD. Your more on top of your art than ever, I'm sure when your comfortable it would be worth seeing if labels wanted to pick your stuff up, if you wanted.
"Don't fear your mistakes, there are none" - Miles Davis

http://www.thehungersite.com/

Cool!

I like your tune. Interesting arrangement, even over the whole length. Respect. Good sounds. Is the pumping in the bass intentionally? Sounds interesting.
This laser thingy at 1:37 made me smile. Cool how you did build up the tune again from there.
The Virus question: What did you use for this 303ish line in the last part?

Best wishes, FRitz
In the end will be the word.
Check out some of my music at www.fritzmetal.de

cheers all :)

@ equilibrium - funny you should mention LiveCut, I tried doing some bits with that, but they tended to render a bit weird, usually with half a bar of silence at the beginning, I will try again at some stage tho.

@ Fritz - the pumping on the bass is unintentional and wasn't there before I mastered - not sure why that happened to be honest maybe odd settings on my compressor?

thanks again for listening and commenting.

oh and the 303 line is ABL, my 303 emulation of choice :wink:

"True Romance"

I like 8)

however...

how about a whole other louder, nastier, dirtier layer of sound? :hyper:

excellent tunage.

i really like the minimalism of the "sonar beep" synth with just the beats and basic bass line. breakdown is cool and then the 303 fits well.

nicely stripped down, all fits together well.

cheers,

steve.

Nice bit of drum & bass there CypherOne. I'd love to do something like that, but I don't have the inspiration or the percussion samples or the mastering skills or...

Thanks for sharing, great work.
Analogue or digital – which is better? There's only one way to find out... FI-I-IGHT!!!

thanks for the listens guys :D
clueless wrote:"True Romance"

I like 8)

however...

wanna do a remix? :wink: :hihi:

CypherOne wrote:thanks for the listens guys :D
clueless wrote:"True Romance"

I like 8)

however...

wanna do a remix? :wink: :hihi:

sure! chuck it on the pile!

:oops: :lol:

Been listening to this for the last couple of days now so thought I'd better comment. :)

I don't really need to though do I? :wink:
More CypherOne fare - I'm glad you decided not to knock it all on the head cos then I wouldn't have this little beaut to put in the Cypher folder with all the rest. :)

There's nothing here I don't like.
The production's great, the beats are top-notch, nice choice of sounds - the swirling pad in the back sounds great. Someone mentioned the 'laser sound' which sounds great as well.
When you bring the 303 in around about the 3 and a half minute mark and build it up, the tune steps up to another level.
Good sample as well.

Top banana matey! :D 8)

you already know i liked the early version, and i love this one, except you nicked my best vox samples :hihi:

good work :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”