First Song I've Dared to Post

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The subject says it all, I suppose. I recently stumbled on to this site and thought it might be cool to post a song and see what people think. I don't know if many people are in to this instrumental style, but let me know what you think, either way.

The file's called Yeah.ogg... I wasn't creative enough to think up a real name.

Hello Dawboy

Lets see...

A couple a points before the music. Some folks here are not down with .ogg. An empeethree would grab more attention.

Actually thats just one point.

I as well as many others here enjoy instrumental music.
You have a nice song and good for you in posting(I have not yet myself?).

Your song and playing(mousing?) are nice and good, but a couple of things stood out. To me the drums seemed distracting(spatialy) and the piano sounded placed too much on top. Anyhoo, thats me tuppence wuth.

And.... Welcome
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Do certainly dare to post more here as it has oft proven helpfull posting here.

As to the content; the drums (which imo in a longer trackversion would fit better) sounds a bit ill placed; where the panning I feel is a bit too extreme.
In mixing the sounds I can hear that there is quite some clashing going on. With some down eq'ing of eg. the brassy sound in the frequencies where the piano is most clashing/pronounciated should give the piano some air where they sound together.

I quite like the melodies happening and arrangementwise I think you have a good thing going on. Your playing and soundchoises are quite okay (but dare more to tweak the individual sounds to perhaps a more electronic sounds (although I must admit that would more be a personal preference)

And don't despair if some negative critics are being made; they are made to help

You'll find kvr in its entire community to be a very helpful resource for exploring todays opportunities to make music and find a wealth of tools to play with.

But for the best part;

Enjoy exploring and creating

8)

more please ;)

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try to use your tips to improve.

Return to “Music Cafe”