Bet you never heard anything like this before on KVR!!!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Armadillo wrote:Ugo: "fcucking fantastic" eh?
yup, that track is awesome.
That's extra cool coming from you cause you are one of my favorite artists on KVR.
:oops: :)

-ugo

Good track and good flamenco guitar. Flamenco is one of the more flexible musics nowadays. If you want to know about I could point you some bands of an amazing variety.
Cheers

Reminiscent of B-Tribe... (spoken in my best Martha Stewart voice): And that... is a VERY good thing.

Diek: yeah, I'm always interested in new music. :)

Btw: does anyone think the guitar is too low in the mix? I've had a few complaints on another forum where there's loads of guitarists so I think they're biased.

not here. Sounds just right to me.

Armadillo wrote:Btw: does anyone think the guitar is too low in the mix? I've had a few complaints on another forum where there's loads of guitarists so I think they're biased.
being guitarists, they're definitely biased ( :wink: ), however i can see why they said that.

at the moment, i think the gutiar is in a position of being part of the "band", so its on relatively equal footing with the rest of the instruments, and it falls a bit behind synths and the higher pitched percussion at 3:38.

but if you especially want to showcase the guitar, then it might be worth considering bringing it out more in front, and let the rest of the instruments play a bit more of a supporting role to it. (especially towards the end.)

-ugo

I agree, ugo. I like the track, btw.

Tight player! Don't like all the cricket sounds. But impressive work.

a bit too messy, but nice :D

Cool :)
very nice song !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Make Your Voice Heard!!
EUROPEAN VAPERS PROTEST 29th 2.00PM.It saved my life.

I like this, thanks for the DL! Groovy stuff, reminds me of Jah Wobble. :!:

Absolutely brilliant! I love tracks that combine electronic and acoustic aspects and this one is a great example. The guitar playing and sound is wonderful and the electronic backing and effects are great. Cool mixing... can't really find anything to criticize really... :-) I also love the different stages the track goes through.
"...Everything we see or seem is but a dream, within a dream."
MySpace site: http://www.myspace.com/MarcJX8P
Virb: http://www.virb.com/marcjx8p

opps

Good stuff, very unique! Plenty of interesting percussion which gets a stern thumbs up. Like this synths to.

I agree, the guitar needs to come up a little. And the bongo could do with a touch more reverb. Infact, give this a try - send quite a bit to a verb, then send a similar amount to a tight compressor or transient design plug. That way the reverb sends the instrument back in the mix, yet the clean attack keeps it visible.

Btw, is guitar from a Virus? Software could never sounds that warm. :hihi: But seriously, the guitar sounds very nice. Recording classical guitar can be a game, what did you do - where, how, and what with?

thanks everyone. I've uploaded a new version; taken some reverb off the guitar and brought it up a dB or 2.

and I've added a touch of reverb to the congas (not bongos :P ).

cptgone: Jah wobble eh? Really. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Shpongle, which was definately the main influence here.

Is the guitar at a more suitable level now? I can't be objective anymore after listening 853 times to this track.

tee boy: I'm gonna check up on the guitarist gear and method and get back to you.

same link : Turning point

Return to “Music Cafe”