breathehope // a web documentation.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"Save Target as"
Rewind mp4 (webcam video // 9 megs)
Rewind mp3 draft (from the video, incase you like the song // 4.7 megs)

A webcam documentation.

I'm often curious to see people record/create music on video, wether its in a home, or in a studio, or live. I just like to watch people. Now I hate being on film, but for the sake of documenting myself as I grow, why not?

So here is a film of me recording. I am not acting out or anything, I simply just turned on the webcam and turned on the mic, and gazing at my computer screen for my lyrics (since they are still so new!).

I have to also mention, that my good friend Kristófer, created this beautiful music, we collab alot lately. You should see more stuff created by him at Myspace - A huge thank you to him for inspiring me & keeping my spirits high. <3

Music // Kristófer
Lyrics/Vocals // Danielle

:)

interesting, Danielle!
of course I love the vocal, and the music is pretty cool, too.
also interesting, is to see you doing the song in one take.
I usually set up to do a verse, and then listen to it, redo as usual..
same for the chorus, I'll record it till I'm satisified and then paste it as necessary.
although, in my early days I did it as you are, but i could never make it through one take without messing up somewhere.
thanks for sharing this with us.

oh bluedad, I do that also, when I am setting up to finish a track, but this was just a draft, I kinda do these drafts to figure out what notes I want, and kinda prepare myself for how I'm going to sing it, then I go back, and do it verse by verse & chorus and so on. :)

The process is longer but worth it for near perfect vocals of course. :)

cool, its nice to see video of someone at work. The internet can be a very impersonal place sometimes and this makes it less so. I normally just redo a vocal track until I get it right all the way through. It helps to be well rehearsed before you go to record something for that though. I do tend to cut and paste background stuff a little, but I like to try and capture a live vibe. That is more important to me than perfection. Thanks for the vid Breathehope. You do have a lovely voice. :)

Thank you very much.

I also like this "live vibe" style you're talking about, its just depends on the song for me I guess. There are so many tones // ways to record in, its nice to explore them all.

I recently got this nice like antique chord organ, and I can't wait just just turn on the mic and see what happens. I've used midi and stuff just a while now, but suddenly started experimenting with anything I can find. :)

Very cool, thanks for sharing. You might want to check that mp3 it seems screwed up to me, WMP, Winamp, and Audition all play it wrong or not at all.

I really dig your voice, and the music is always catchy... the raw materials are all great - they just haven't yet clicked to me. Which is not to say I don't like it, I do. But I swear one of these days you're going to post something that will make me burst into tears. :cry:
Regards, Mike

My mp3 is messed up? huh? it seems to have played well for me and a couple of my friends? What is it doing exactly on you?

Aww tears? why? lol - I hope I am not that bad. :)

breathehope wrote:My mp3 is messed up? huh? it seems to have played well for me and a couple of my friends? What is it doing exactly on you?
Well in Winamp and WMP it was totally altering the tempo, like a tape bing eaten - superfast then really slow, randowm noises, etc. Audition wouldn't even open it. I downloaded it twice. But oddly enough I just d/l it again using GetRight (which tends to do a better job on problem downloads) and it's OK - and a slightly smaller file size. So nevermind, must have been a bad download, my mistake.
breathehope wrote: Aww tears? why? lol - I hope I am not that bad. :)
:oops: No, not at all - I meant that in a good way, as in I'm looking forward to it! Keep 'em coming. :)
Regards, Mike

I really liked it! though i cant play the video i really like the song.

Looking for myspace friends?

always looking for friends. :)

i made mine just a few days ago. Havent linked or uploaded any music/pics on it yet: www.myspace.com/The_Awesome_Chase

are you and this guy going to do more tracks?

I dunno, we are really good friends and just try to help each, learning from one another.
Chances are, we probably will. I sang on another track that it on his myspace. :)

No idea which player would play this video, so I did it with the music alone.

Very cool, even though the mic pics up some hum-feedback.

There's something quite Bjorkish about your voice, yet it certainly has it's own style.

Keep going on ....

:D

The latest Quicktime will play it fine. ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”