Pat Metheny`esk piece w/me on guitar

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If some of you like the work of Pat Matheny, you will probably like this one.

http://freeweb.siol.net/mcinku/Playground.mp3

..any comment is welcome

:wink:
Last edited by mman on Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just frickin wonderful. The only very small comment I have is the drums, when there's a spash hit, it sounds sampled. Something about the decay. But mixed very well. Also, if you ever want to collaborate somehow, I have the synthy jazz track on here, which is in a very different place than your vibe, but I can play the trumpet, and am open to lots of music. Anyway, thanks for sharing, you've got some great chops man.

jazzrich9 wrote:Just frickin wonderful. The only very small comment I have is the drums, when there's a spash hit, it sounds sampled. Something about the decay. But mixed very well. Also, if you ever want to collaborate somehow, I have the synthy jazz track on here, which is in a very different place than your vibe, but I can play the trumpet, and am open to lots of music. Anyway, thanks for sharing, you've got some great chops man.
Thank you jazzrich9,:D

I have listened to your song and I'm loving your trumpet and I think it would be grate to work with you.
Maybe you can help me 'couse I have a song. I'm working on that song with my friend and maybe you can add some quality to it. Maybe if you send me your email I could send it to you.

I really dig the chord progressions on this one. The drums feel a little static since the rest of the song feels more "played". Your guitar chops are sweet - not over playing, but intricate.
find your flow, eight albums of mellow beats: www.generalfuzz.net

My friend adviced me to changed the title of this post to Pat Matheny..... 'couse it's so like something he would do and maybe more people will want to listen to it.

For those interested how this was done.
I created this song with two friends - both guitarist. One came up with the idea (he played the theme), than I borrowed this beautiful jazz guitar from other friend (he played the first solo) and I used it to play the final solo. Drums, bass, piano... I did everything with my mouse... that was really hard work. After this song I decided to buy my GI-20 midi interface for guitar... haha no more hard work for me :hihi:

GeneralFuzz wrote:I really dig the chord progressions on this one. The drums feel a little static since the rest of the song feels more "played". Your guitar chops are sweet - not over playing, but intricate.
Yes you are right about the drums. As I said, I did it with my mouse only and you probably know how hard is to make a real good drum track just using a mouse. At the time I didn't have any midi instrument nor any VSTi drum machine.

Thank you for complimenting the song.

Some nice stuff. A bit more like Mike Stern than Metheny though.

Thanks for sharing!

Very cool stuff. :D At first, it reminded me of the Hill Street Blues theme, but that lasted only about 5 seconds before it become something completely different. ;)

Nice clean tone. What gear did you use on the sound? (guitar, interface, software)

Greg

Having played with Pat Metheny a couple of times, I can say that does not sound like him very much......
Still, nice playing!

Lunch Money wrote:Very cool stuff. :D At first, it reminded me of the Hill Street Blues theme, but that lasted only about 5 seconds before it become something completely different. ;)

Nice clean tone. What gear did you use on the sound? (guitar, interface, software)

Greg
We used Heritage H-757 into my Mackie mix, than into adat XT and then through my RME Hammerfall and just amplitube at the end.
And the theme was played with custom build strat like guitar (kinmans), and I think we used a RP2000 Digitech.
A lousy guitar processor but it worked just fine. I even think we used a hamb simulator on that thing, would you beleive that. haha

warp x wrote:Having played with Pat Metheny a couple of times, I can say that does not sound like him very much......
Still, nice playing!
Played with Pat!? :shock: That is something.
Yes he is way out of my league, I would never say I play like him.
But some people said the song remotely resembles to what he did with the PM Group.

Thank you for the compliment.

You're welcome

warp x wrote:Having played with Pat Metheny a couple of times, I can say that does not sound like him very much......
Still, nice playing!
Please tell more about this!

Please do. Pat is one of my favorite people, as a musician or otherwise.

Really well done mman.
Like your natural ability to play scales but also know where to transition them between the chord changes.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Return to “Music Cafe”