Would love some feedback

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would love some feedback on this tune I´m working on... It´s really slow ambient tune

http://kunst.no/mariusmellebye/i.mp3

Thx :-)

the openning pad carried on a bit too long for me, I think the other stuff could kick in at about 30 instead of 55ish. I think the bubbly pad gives it a little too much of a planetarium soundtrack field, but the motion of the other pads, the strings, the choir like sound, are brought in and mixed very well (choirlike is at about 2:00) they fit nicely.

I like the percussion that comes in before 3:00 minutes. Recommend listening to some of Jim Black's playing (drummer) on Dave Douglas' tiny bell trio, or any of a number of other projects, I could hear chains rattling there, some sort of dark percussive stuff. I do like when the drum machine kicks in, however at 4 and a half minutes, where's my low end? I want some bass pay off. The last thought I had, purely musically, I think you have a 13th that happens, or possibly a minor sixth (an Eb) that happens once or twice that catapults your song into creepy territory, and that doesn't feel consonant with the rest of the song.

Ok, that's a lot of critique for a song I think is well put together, so please don't take it as me not digging it, just riffing on some of the things I hear.

thats what I want to hear... :-) it´s still a scratch but have to put it to rest for a little while so I can come back and finish it... Heard it so much so I´m kind of "blind" :-) thx a lot :-)

Return to “Music Cafe”