[bduffy vs. mully] Sunnydale Ending

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I wrote this song long ago... called "Sunnydale Ending" (some of you might remember) and I already had someone playing drums for this.... but I wanted a different touch to it... and since bduffy did an amazing job on "Enthused" I asked him again ;)

Bduffy: original drums and original bassline
Mully: guitars, vox, carbon, m-tron, drum & bass editing and mixing ;)

(so you know whom to blame)

SunnydaleEnding

cheers,
mully

nice work fellas ...

... but seeing this couldnt help reminding me i had the old original version sitting on my HD as a tracktion archive ...

... dug it out and had i little play tonight ...

... so (hopefully you dont mind mully ??? ) ... the IDguitarpop version ...

http://experimentfour.brinkster.net/aud ... ending.mp3

slainte :phones: rob

hehe..... funny to hear this old version again... funny version, too

could be a bit more glitchy though.... and I need to record this harmony line again... this was nice

thanks rob

slainte buddy

great job, wish I could get that real nice bottom and up front mix,
the change was excellent, could've been developed ,
just thought the snare was a bit busy at spots, but it kept the the song driving, so, maybe not.
enjoyed guys

Good pop tune. I'm curious, are you recording the acoustic guitar with a mic, or are their pickups in the axe?

vtx: thanks...;) which change do you mean exactly though??

Migal: Mercie..... :D just a mic - if I remember correctly I used the Rode NT1 for my 12 stringed monster

cheers,
mully

Top stuff guys. pHz's interpretation aint bad either :D

BTW I know bduffy+mully=bully but this aint a proper name for this :lol:
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

zeoy wrote:Top stuff guys. pHz's interpretation aint bad either :D

BTW I know bduffy+mully=bully but this aint a proper name for this :lol:
actually this is a funny story.... I wanted to type Buffy.... since the first version was named Sunny and the Second Dale - and well since Buffy lives in Sunnydale... I thought... well hell yeah.. ;) but somehow my fingers wrote bully.... and your interpretation is accepted ;)

multree wrote:Migal: Mercie..... :D just a mic - if I remember correctly I used the Rode NT1 for my 12 stringed monster
Okay, I'm going to have to try that. I like the way yours sounds. When I record with the internal pickup, I hear more pick striking than I want and the only way to get rid of it is to cut the highs, which I don't like to do. I've got an NT1-A so I'll give that a go. Thanks.

Very cool, guys.
Great vocals, dNb,
I dig the breakdown a bunch. whole thing has a very Toad the Wet Sprocket feel.
I had to listen on headphones, and found the guitar a bit boomy. What are the lyrics?
:)
..what goes around comes around..

thanks

yeah the guitar is boomy.... I cut the lows in a more recent version (and lowered the tambourine in volume and changed some timing stuff in them, too)

lyrics... okay you wanted them you'll get them:

Sunnydale ending // If I venture out / of my snail shell / not looking down / will I find / a million shining stars aligned / or will they like everything / get jumbled up and dim / leaving me longing for a Sunnydale ending / now if I try / will you attempt to modify my mind / by shedding make-up tears designed to / make me cry / for you don't like me feeling high / keeping me down so I / better suit your lifestyle / you had your chance / you let it slip / now get a grip / get over it / and don't you put this noose around my neck / hey no offense / you're not the only one to make amends / my shell's confining me / my sanity's descending / lets make a Sunnydale ending

:)
..what goes around comes around..

Return to “Music Cafe”