awakening

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hope someone is able to give some feedback ......
"awakening" 7.87MB 5.44min at 192kbps
in a style that I have heard around here,done as quick improvisation in real time,featuring E-Fex Modulator.
http://www.realmusic.co.nz//download.ph ... =song_hifi

Kind of hard to critique, it's an improvisation, and only really using one tool. Interesting demo of that though. Even as an improv I'd love to feel it develop more, right at the end there was something going on with an arpeggiated undertone that sounded like it was finally ready to burst into something new, but you cut it off there.

thanks,that's encouraging.I'll check out what you've suggested.

gosh, that was pretty cool. would love to hear that without the drums.

yes jazzrich,could be 1st part of evolution.

thanks for listening Bluedad.Darn it I liked the wild untamed drums.I suppose I will really have to start listening to "leave out the drums" which I have heard numbers of times.I'll do this tonight and repost.

I feel similar to jazzrich's comments. I do like the drums though in that they could be used to drive the piece forward, maybe: they could end up providing the development while the othersound bubbles on.
..what goes around comes around..

well bluedad I tried it without drums and it sounds thinner,but I posted it up to same link.See what you think.
Thanks for the comments.I had a block about what the next step might be with these sort of sketches. Some editing [cranky joe would suggest the middle 5 min.] ,and grooving it in to another part might be the way to go,and drums can provide a bit of glue for that.

I appreciate you providing the one w/o the drums, and personally that's the one I prefer. However, I understand where you're coming from. There's a tune on my website in two version, w and w/o beats..only because I was requested for the beatless one. I prefer the beat version.
So there you go!
I think, as far as the drums go on your version, perhaps it was the wild cymbals more than anything that I didn't care for.
Again, thanks for allowing me the chance to hear it!

I'd like to think I on to the beat but feel drums is a weak spot.Thanks for the comments .I'll upload the drums version again now .

Return to “Music Cafe”