Piano/Ambient piece

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Every now and then i feel like doing a piano piece, and this is one i did a couple of days ago. It's a minimilist piece. All comments Appreciated.

Cheers. :)
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInf ... ID=2969425

Nice dark ambience. It gets a little repetitive. Perhaps you could throw in some walkups where you have the walkdowns. A chord change or two might give it a little more depth as well.
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

I agree... the part adding in at around 3 min gives some interest and could start early,and maybe that repeating right the way thru figure could be less prominent instead hanging more in the background [with ?reverb].Hpe that is helpful.

Thanks for checking it out guys. Yeh i agre it is repetitive, but i did sort of set out t do that with this track. on other forums some have said it's perfect as it is. i may go back to it in the future.

Cheers. 8)

Very nice track, although I have to agree the part that comes in with the pads should start a bit earlier, that would give it a bit more time to develope. Still I like the minimalist aspect and it tends to make the piano shine. 8)

I downloaded the mp3 to listen, and it was in mono :o
Was that your intent?

I liked the idea of the piece, but let's hear it in stereo! :wink:

SWTrex

Thanks for checking it out sonic and SWTrex, glad you enjoyed it. :)
SWTrex wrote:I downloaded the mp3 to listen, and it was in mono :o
Was that your intent?

I liked the idea of the piece, but let's hear it in stereo! :wink:

SWTrex
:oops: :oops: :dog: :bang:

I think i win the dope of the week award. :oops:

I never realised it was in mono. Something got screwed somewhere in the encoding. It's been up on other message boards and you're the first to spot it. :D Proper version now up. :oops:
Last edited by blipp on Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blipp wrote: :oops: :oops: :dog: :bang:

I think i win the dope of the week award. :oops:
:lol: Been there, done that....

Much better in stereo. :hihi:

I really like this, blipp. I don't mind the mono-chordal approach, as others do - it adds a dreamy feel to it.

What did you use for the 'verb on the piano - I liked the way the high notes tailed off - up and to the left... very nice.

One nit: I don't feel the piece deserves the gloomy title you gave it.

I recently downloaded all your stuff from soundclick...this one will join those in my USB folder on my hard drive. :)

Thanks for sharing this.

SWTrex

Thanks SWTrex for listening and pointing that glaring mistake out for me. :oops:

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

The piano was from a synth/sampler called "Dimension" It's a native synth of cakewalk project 5 ver 2.00, which is my music making software. The reverb comes as part of that particular patch. I also added some global reverb using the Ambience plug in. You're probably right about the gloomy title. I was feeling down at the time i made it :(

Cheers again. :D

Hi

I realy like your track! It's minimalistic, but I like that! Will take a listen to your other tracks as well!

Regards,

Marando
Music... life would be boring without it.

Hi Blipp!

This track sounds great, even better in stereo :shock: (I love the emoticons on this site :roll: )

Gotta love Dimension's piano. I have some other good piano samples, but I end up most times using Dimension. I'm getting ready to buy GPO and its supposed to have a Steinway...so we'll see if it beats Dimension. Anyone else here heard it?

Keep em coming :)

Very nice. Like the piano sound, sounds quite natural, not overproduced or anything.

But yeah, haha, I first heard this on Soundclick, and I thought to myself, "WTF this sounds really mono". I just assumed my ears were failing or something. :lol:

I just assumed my ears were failing or something. :lol:
Well mine must have failed cause i never spotted it was in mono. :lol: As it was an ambient piece i tended to listen to it away from in front of the speakers so it was harder to tell.

Thanks guys for checking it out. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Fred: yeh i love it too and i can't stop using it. :D

Return to “Music Cafe”