a rare ERUPTION ( old KRAKATOA has woken up !!! )

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

in a few comment,

click this link down the page ( but at your own risk !!! :hihi: ) :

...especially if you're looking for some pyroclastic deseases (...HAHA !!!!!!!!! :shock: :o :x :hihi: )

Let just say shortly but more seriously:

it title is MA DARE ...that means litterally in Bobo language "I said that..." and is, of course, sung in that african language ( Bobo-Mandarè ) by my friend Omar DAO

The voice take as well as the early MIDI orchestration where made in Burkina Faso...then my cooking work has been made at my home...

- have an intense fun if its of your taste, that's all i hope for you !!!

:bang: :nutter:

www.anak-krakatoa.net/~downl/mandaret.mp3
Last edited by Krakatau on Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

There's something quite beautiful in the chaos here. Intriguing piece of work

very cool track Krakatau, there is alot going on there but it all seems to work. Nice mix. 8)

Thanks for the fiew comment because this song was more than any other of the actually allmost finished prodution, a really hard and mind-boggling work !

if you' re curious about some details :

- You may hear some microcomputer sounds
( beggining of instrumental part )

- some m-tron too
( strings during instrumental part and laughs at the very end of the song )

-some extracted phrases of Bambara language
( first instrumental break and the women at the very end of the song )

- some VL-70 solo parts
( violin-like solo at the middle of the song )

- many animals and soundscapes ( usualy threated through a pitch corrector among other deseases )

- ton of self-made patches on EXS24 ( mostly tunable natural soundscapes )

- some Attack synthetic drum parts and a very few touch of PPG

- a short piece of the yellow tools culture try-out version ( short djembé solo introducing the ending fade-out of the composition )

- some echoes of a gregorian song ( through the I.P of a cathedral : space designer on Logic )

- many self-made patches of Phatmatik Pro ( using every day life soundscapes of Afrika, able to be quantized as rythmical contributions )

- a short contribution of microtera ( kind of "small pipe organ" self-made patch during fade-out )

- and many more masochistic kinds of sonic experimentations,( finally mastered, re-mastered and re-re-mastered !!!!!! )

Just to help you to figure out...
( though they arent maybe allways really significant in the orchestration )
...there is around 60 midi/audio/automation and audioinstrument tracks in that song

I was wondering about that :)

made me think at some freaky stuff from BPM&M.
a melange of all kinds of events...remixed and reshredded to oblivion. :)

is that you soloing on keys?

searching for the impossible, I can say that it's a bit too 4/4 for me. anyway the mix is great and you can feel the challenge.

waiting man wrote:made me think at some freaky stuff from BPM&M.
a melange of all kinds of events...remixed and reshredded to oblivion. :)

is that you soloing on keys?

searching for the impossible, I can say that it's a bit too 4/4 for me. anyway the mix is great and you can feel the challenge.
the very early demo was on a K7 with Omar's voice at the left channel and a BAR pattern at the right (the one you hear at the intro)

Everything else is of my own work...
( actually Omar is working in a studio in Ouagadougou, with the change in CFA, it doesn't cost to me much more than 600 swiss francs to do a serious job in there...)

Yes, i made the solo part on a VL-70 , but it was much more a long step-by-step work on seperated tracks...
( melody / modulation / pitch bender )
... than a solo !

On the process to keep this a bit warm...

i just uploaded a short piece of music intended to be an introduction of the almost finished production.

Originally it is a song of oral tradition ( and still surviving values ) of the Bobo ethnia, sung in Bobo-mandarè Language

More than just it title, this song is telling everyone why :

" Destiny is unavoidable " ***

www.anak-krakatoa.net/~downl/Destiny.mp3

I 've made my own mixing work around the women's voices...
( pitch correction, "snow 2" pluggo effect, FXpansion snippet, GRM comb filter and Logic's vocoder )

I intend to keep this title ( in Bobo-mandarè, of course ! ) for the production itself ...

_______

*** (...rignt translation...huh...:oops: )

what an opening!!
the production on this is quite good,
enjoyed here,
melodic yet chaotic
nice driving feel to it also
great work...

Return to “Music Cafe”