Newbie HipHop Track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everybody!

I'm quite new to music productions and played around with making a beat. So I bought FL Studio and Steinbergs Hypersonic. Got some free drum samples and started to arrange some scores. May I ask you to review the result? I'd be very pleased if you could give me some feedback what to improve or work on first. Any tips and suggestions are appreciated for a newbie like me. I really enjoy doing this stuff.

http://www.garagentuning.de/song1.mp3

Perhaps somebody can give me a short explanation to recording vocals. I have got a nice studio mic and looking for a way to record a talented friends vocals. Can I do this with fruity or should i use another tool for recording and downmixing? Cubase is to expensive to me.

Thank you very much
Cheers
Adam

I'm going to give you some tips. I'm not saying it is bad at all as it does have potential. The problem with your beat lies in the FX and expressiveness. I take it this piano has velocity layers? If so then you should at least vary the velocity layers to make the piano sound more expressive, it is pretty static. Add some variations in the piano and (this is me conforming to the hip hop standard) take that reverb off the snare and hat, it sounds too 80's hip hop. I'd say just add variation and on the last two bars before it hits the chorus add a build up, maybe a string or something like that. Play around until you find something you like. It has potential, but it needs a little work! Good job!

I'd like to point you towards something. For the drums, if you need some thump in the drums. Download camelphat free. It is a distortion/compresser for drums. It works very good and it is a gem for hip hop producers. Just find Camel Audio's website and you'll see it on the download page.
"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live."

Thanks No Name. It seems to be a fundemental problem with fx-ness and expressiveness I have. I will play around with velocity. I downloaded CamelPhatFree right now and will test it asap. Do i have to apply it only on the kick drum or to all drums? Btw, very good tip. I also have a feeling that it all sounds to monotonous, perhaps i will also vary the score every 4th measure. Some harmony and flow is missing also. I will work on it the next ours and provide you with a new link.

Thanks again
Adam

Return to “Music Cafe”