november contest ... RULES and SUBMISSIONS

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(Blame it on Beardedone's offhanded comment...)

Easy & Cheesy in the Lo-Fi Lounge

It's open stage night in the Lo-Fi Lounge! I want to hear some jaath parodies, over-the-top crooning, novelty Farfisa organ numbers, Casiopunk, gritty 8-bit chip-rock, and tracker game music. It's gotta drip with out-of-era tastelessness, stale novelty, or antique soundware revival for you to win this month!

RULES

1 - your track MUST be ...

(a) encoded in either .ogg format (quality level 4.00 or lower) or .mp3 (128kbps or lower if fixed rate ... average of 128kbps or lower if VBR)
(b) a maximum of two minutes in length
(c) named in the format yearmonth_artistname___tracktitle (ie - 0509___artistname_tracktitle.mp3) with AT LEAST the artist and title fields of the ID tag completed (untagged entries will be disqualified)
(d) entered into the contest by posting a DIRECT link in this RULES & SUBMISSIONS thread (use the GOSSIP thread for everything else)
(e) submitted before 11:59 PM wednesday 23rd november

2 - your track SHOULD also be ...

(a) composed specifically for this contest
(b) created using at least some audio plugins, virtual synths, or software studio

3 - only one entry per person - no resubmissions without permission from the moderator

4 - any tracks not adhering to these guidelines will be very naughty indeed

5 - voting (members must have at least 20 posts to vote ... although contest entrants are exempt from this ruling) will run from the submission deadline until 11:59 PM wednesday 30th november- anyone voting for themselves will find ALL their votes disqualified - any entrants not voting will also be disqualified

PRIZES

Amidst all the Peel tribute somberness, pHz's unexpected disappearance, and general "reboot" of the contest, I'd completely forgotten that George from discoDSP has been so kind as to donate a prize of their Phantom PM/FM softsynth (that even loads Yamaha DX100, DX27 and DX21 SysEx data) for EVERY month this year.

Also, in the spirit of loouuuunge, Gary Garritan has offered up a copy of the just-off-the-presses Garritan Jazz And Big Band collection, "the world's first Jazz and Big Band sample library featuring trumpets, trombones, comprehensive saxophone collection, keyboards, rhythm section, and more."

As our third prize, freeztar has donated a copy of the Chrysalid: Musicians for Katrina Relief double CD, to be delivered anywhere in the world!

dont forget ... you can also check out all this months tracks in one easy process over on MARKLEFORD RADIO ...

... and download them all using garret's handy DOWNLOAD TOOL
Last edited by Markleford on Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

May I then go first please?

Greilyn beach

Designed for maximum cheezeeness. From the first note to the last.

The one and wonmderfull Edirol TTS-1
Superwave P8
STS 17
DS864 (I had to include something I actualy paid for!!!)

Bathed in a beautifull sheen of reverb, overcompression and stereo imaging with compliments from Ozone 3.

very early this month,

but I was just doing a new track that fits to the theme

so I did a cut down version for the comp.

grab it here:

the distordance

used:

feldspar
and lotsa FX
and StylusRMX

buzzroom for master compression

have fun ;-)

When this month's theme was announced, I went up to the attic and found all my old cassette tapes, and what do you know? There was this C-60 with an early demo from a young man who hadn't quite found his 'image' yet - he called himself "Cowboy George" in those days - and apparently this was his attempt at making it big in the C&W singer/songwriter scene of the day. Let's not dwell too long on his failure, suffice it to say that he never performed his song at the Grand Ole Opry...

Here it is then, Cowboy George - Chameleon

Enjoy.
Rakkervoksen

Yes, I had a Commodore 64 as a kid. My apologies...

Inadequate Human Beings

Used: Cheeze Machine, Claw, Tau, Triangle I, Phatmatik Pro and Odo's wonderful Unknown64.

Heres my effort.

Sliced or Grated

http://audio-shots.com/mainuploads/05_1 ... ed_541.mp3

Items used: Superquartet. Cheeze Machine, Superwave, Sonic Synth Free. Sampletank Free. Plugsound Free. Eve One.

A fair few effects and a sprinkling of parmesan for good measure.

Cheesy? probably, if it means campy, kitschy.

Easy? sure, of course, no doubt.

Lo-fi? a touch of GMO-1 and a slightly goofy playing should convince you.

Cheesy Pinky Sweety Dream

instruments: Sonic Synth 1, SampleTank2Free, Tubilesax, sequenced in Sonar
drums: ns_kit7free sequenced in FL Studio
FX: Kjaerhus Audio's Golden Series

movie sample: LaDemoiselle d'Honneur, Cl.Chabrol

Jath? Cheesy? f**k it, may as well pearoast this;

jaaaaathdonkey

Greels, your riposte?

Not to be confused with any other Nouveau Lounge attempts, this here is THE ORIGINAL:

Bossa No. 6

Track details will be in the gossip thread. Enjoy!
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

A strange choice of theme this month Jazz about Cheese, What??Eh?? Oh... Darn...

Cream Cheese

I apologise / warn you in advance that this is my first ever attempt at doing vocals

After skipping a month I´m back in the game (last one was too hard for me; being a newbie I had to go through all of your songs !). If a good soul over here will be so kind to hang up my song (I still haven´t got this one solved yet; I just learned to control the ftp stuff, thanks to the Katrina Relief CD project),... .. .

Some technical info : The thingie is recorded with Logic (and patience). The virtual instruments used are B4 and EXS24. Most of the samples are mine, the others not ! The, with great satisfaction used Fx are : Classic Reverb and Delay, GlaceVerb, BJ Flanger, BassChorusV22, Logic FatEQ, George Yohng´s W1 Limiter and Stardust. Oh yeah, WaveLab helped me to fit it into the 2 min limit.

The cheesy name is "Deep in my heart".

You can have already a peep on it through this link :
http://www.audioshots.com/auditorium/vi ... php?t=2978

More info/blabla on the contest...GOSSIP thread.

PS : a little, but important warning : this song is not meant for sensitive people !
Carpo diem ergo sum !

Hosted on behalf of Poepe

Deep in my heart

The older ones of you guys shurely remember the distortions of old radios evoked by atmospherics.
The following track simulates this effect:

Grandfather´s old radio song
Andreas (I presume my forefathers were apes)

Image Listen to some Monkey-Music

Ok

Here's my submission for the month.
Got alot of Cheezy stuff in here
Farfisa
E-piano
Wah-Wah Guitar
Jaath like
Cheesy lyrics (literally)
Real cheesy horn section
And cheesiest of all, I'm singing

Enjoy

Cheesy Does It
Bunch O Stuff

No cheesy organ, but some lofi samples and other cheesy shite.

beepin'

Return to “Music Cafe”