M A N T I C O R E [SHANE SANDERS]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

daGuru wrote:Nice... I got a "Yello" vibe ;) They are one of my favs re: percussion
Thank you. Yes, Culture is a great investment. :)

Laguna Rising wrote:Great stuff !
I look forward for more
Cheers
Thanks. I posted another one in the cafe last night. :)

Uhh... yes, I kinda meant the band (Yello), man... but I'll go with that too :)

cloudspine wrote:Quite an interesting little tune, although a tad short :)

I've been considering doing a percussion-only album myself for some time now, but didn't get much work done in that direction, as the tracks always seem to lack some soundscapes in the background. I think I'd feel the same about this track if were longer though...

There's just one thing. Given the choice of sounds, dynamics, rhythms and atmosphere, the track sounds more far Eastern (Chinese or Japanese) than Persian to me. It reminds me of the music at the end of Zatoichi, a Japanese movie about a blind samurai...
Yeah, they're short for sure. Makes it really satisfying to just crank 'em out though. lol

You're right, but I'm not really trying to be too literalist about the ethnicity of the monster and the percussion used. I'll have to check out the Zattoichi movie. I recently bovght Seven Swords, but haven't watched it yet.

daGuru wrote:Uhh... yes, I kinda meant the band (Yello), man... but I'll go with that too :)
What kind of band are they?

Wow, top notch stuff! Thanks for the DL, keep 'em coming!

cptgone wrote:Wow, top notch stuff! Thanks for the DL, keep 'em coming!
Word! :)

Shane Sanders wrote:
daGuru wrote:Uhh... yes, I kinda meant the band (Yello), man... but I'll go with that too :)
What kind of band are they?
http://yello.com

In one word, innovative. In another, awesome

Yello is very cool. Check out some mp3 clips from their rather ancient greatest hits - Essential. Perhaps they've made a newer "version". "Essential" is from 1993.

Anyway, your track is very cool. Jampacked with variation and very realistic samples. Is it primarily Culture? It certainly makes me want it now. Bravo.

So now that the backing is sorted, when can we expect a version with with melodic instruments? ;)

Shane Sanders wrote:You're right, but I'm not really trying to be too literalist about the ethnicity of the monster and the percussion used. I'll have to check out the Zattoichi movie. I recently bovght Seven Swords, but haven't watched it yet.
Oh, OK :) It's just that when you mentioned a series of such tracks, I immediately envisoned of an album titled Bestiary, where each track would have an ethnic vibe corresponding to the background of the beast...

And Zatoichi is a good movie. It's quite, well, Japanese :p They time some time getting used to after being brainwashed by Hollywood :)

There are many, many Zatoichi movies. I think they made them in the 60's. The blind swordsman. Great stuff.

Nice stuff, Shane. Top notch programming and selection of sounds, too!
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Return to “Music Cafe”