Film-esque orchestral composition

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I greatly enjoy writing orchestral music, and here's my latest attempt, entitled "The Tower of Twilight"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInf ... ID=3132201

Wow, spooky stuff! WTF, I'm in space! OMG! See that alien battle cruiser? Oh, look there: Tinkerbell! And I hear a happy end coming! Will she marry me? :hyper:

Ah damn, end titles already.

Not a bad track at all. 8) I do like the melodic content and theme movement.

Here are my thoughts -

I'm hearing a lot of unison notes with the main melody, and could use more harmony, as well as broken up rhythms for those harmonies. Just feels so 'glued' together. Try getting one instrument to start a melody and another one to finish it. I did hear some of that in this piece, but would like to hear more.

Near the end, most of your movement tracks below the main melody is washed out. There are other bits and pieces I'd bring up just a fraction in the mix as well.

Which library are you using? GPO? Silver?

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

DevonB wrote:Not a bad track at all. 8) I do like the melodic content and theme movement.

Here are my thoughts -

I'm hearing a lot of unison notes with the main melody, and could use more harmony, as well as broken up rhythms for those harmonies. Just feels so 'glued' together. Try getting one instrument to start a melody and another one to finish it. I did hear some of that in this piece, but would like to hear more.

Near the end, most of your movement tracks below the main melody is washed out. There are other bits and pieces I'd bring up just a fraction in the mix as well.

Which library are you using? GPO? Silver?

Devon
Nice points of criticism... all of them actually crossed my mind after I finished the song, but I wasn't sure if they were worth tinkering with, or if I was just nitpicking my piece as I am apt to do. :lol: But I think more harmony and more "melody-passing" would be good.

Library is GPO, BTW.

After I saw this go to the second page, I didn't think anyone would bump it... thanks. :wink:

Anybody else like to comment?

Musically in some parts it reminded me of "Dead can Dance" slightly. This sounds like a really well crafted piece of work. This does have a fikmic quality to it.It vsounds like it could be used as theme music to an adventure game, i'm sure i've heard similar to this in some such games. Enjoyed it anyway. :)

Another very well executed piece of your imagination!

:)

Thank you kindly Mr. Sanders. :)

I like it !

Daniel Pompougnac

Every time I try to download the file it takes me to a registration page :(
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

wh... wha?? where did this come from! it's TWO years old!! :shock:

folderol wrote:Every time I try to download the file it takes me to a registration page :(
well aside from the fact it's from 2 years ago and is crap, if you still want to hear it just go to my website (link in sig).

edit: here's a direct link

http://www.alchemysticaudio.com/Music/A ... ilight.mp3

Well it was on the front page, so a ghost in the machine must like it. I'll take a dekko.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Mmm. I think it's very good. Reminds me strongly of many ancient mystery type films. It'd be a good soundtrack for one of these.

Return to “Music Cafe”