New song from Scot and Har (Christus and the Cosmonaughts)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jeffn1 wrote:Very cool, Scot. I loved it "as is", but I could also see this working amazing as a dance version with the bass thumpin'.

I don't know most of the names that are being brought up, but it gave me a little Bowie feeling.

Thanks!

jeffn1
Thanks, Jeff! Always been a Bowie fan, and I could definitely cop to be influenced by the sort of textures that are on Low and Heroes. In fact it was my fondess for the former that allowed me to excuse the brevity of this tune.

Initially there were no drums at all in this tune...Wayne's contribution was added very late in the game. It changed the song's direction considerably, and inspired me to write the words.
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

Well, maybe in a sort of plague-ish way...

See if this takes the top 40 by storm then the only plague on it will be the fame and fortune ;) I'm lookin forward to the late night with Letterman appearance.
Pentagon,z3ta+,Tassman,Vsampler 3,FM7,Vocator,Sonar 3 Producer,SoundForge,Awave,Vegas 5
SFZ+,P5. And two kick ass DawBox machines!

lawapa wrote:I'm lookin forward to the Letterman appearance.
"Faster than a rolling O! Able to leap capital T in a single bound...it's a word, it's a plan, it's LETTERMAN!"

this is a really killer track.

I can't wait for the album.

great job everyone, I love the e bow guitars on this.

and the synths...
and the vocals.

dw

Thanks everyone...glad to see y'all enjoying the new tune! :)

The funny thing is: when Scot said it was my "new" eBow, he wasn't kidding - I had literally just bought the thing the day before and had only just started to figure out how to control and use it...when Scot suggested I try it out on the tune! :hihi: So what you hear on this song was literally the first thing I ever tried doing using an eBow after having just put the batteries in for the first time about 15 minutes beforehand (can't wait to see what happens when I actually learn to use it the right way! :lol:).

Scot seems to have this amazing ability to throw me into the "deep end of the pool" this way and get really interesting results...the last time was on "No Chance To Dream", which featured my first recorded attempts to play my (then newly-arrived) Chapman Stick, literally on the first day I ever plugged the thing in! There's nothing quite like fear to get the creative juices flowing... :D

I can definitely say that the new Christus album is gonna be amazing when it comes out...Scot's worked up some incredible epic-sounding stuff in there that I'm thrilled to be part of. 8)

Thanks DW! And gee, shucks, Har. Now went an' dun' made me blush... :oops:

Return to “Music Cafe”