USB - New IDM track. Elevate. Hard, but melodic.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Made this one over the weekend. This is quite hard edged for me, but i still made sure that the melodies play a key roll.

Hope you enjoy, all comments appreciated.

Cheers, blipp. :D

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInf ... ID=3139617

Auditorium link for those who hate soundclick. :D
http://audioshots.com/auditorium/viewtopic.php?t=3149
Last edited by blipp on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nice...

I really wasn't crazy about the panned-right piano @ 1:30, but then that way-cool wooEEEoooEEOooEEOeeoooeeoOEEEEO synth that came in on the left ballanced it all out. 8)

The arrangement is really well done. I guess my only complaint would be that there is some clipping heard (eg. 2:50) I am not sure if that was intentional or not... maybe it was a prelude to the BIG drum break @ 3:12?

The outro sure is pretty! Though I guess I would have rather heard a nice long fade-out. But that's just a preference thing, so don't pay it much attention. :wink:

I really enjoyed this track mate.

Great balance of mad sounds with a cool twist. It takes a few listens, but I quite like the odd combination of warm pianos and rugged analogish sounds with a shot of glitchyness presented here.

Oh YEAH!

This is my stuff. I like such stuff. I made a few tunes 4 years ago that go into that direction. You really did hit a nerve of mine with that. I love the combi of melodic nice things and glitchy lofi sounds. GREAT. Cool drums and percussion!

All the best, FRitz

P.S: Do you like Aphex Twin?
In the end will be the word.
Check out some of my music at www.fritzmetal.de

Thanks all for your very kind words, i really appreciate them. :)

@advaya - Yeh there was some clipping and i've since updated with a lower volume mix. Sounds less forced now i think.
Yeh i was considering a fade-out and i will probably change it to that soon.

@mystahr - Yep i like the combination of glitch and piano's too, a lot. :D

@fritzman - I used to listen to the Aphex Twin, but i must admit hav'nt for a long while.

Remixed it and made some slight changes and also a much better ending.
Also added a link for the Auditorium. See first post.
All comments apprciated. Cheers. 8)

the intro reminded me of Depeche Mode, Master & Servant, with the clanging sounds. builds well, cool drum sounds.

I get quite a lot of distortion in the bass tones, which may be intentional, but I find a little distracting tbh.

Arrangement is good with the build to the break and then a freestyle drum frenzy. Like it!

Thanks for listening de la Mancha. Yep the distortion was intentional. After all the softer tracks i'd been making i wanted to make something harder and edgier. Aquired taste i suppose really.
Last edited by blipp on Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wow, cool song blipp.

fantastic track mr blipp :)

really dense layers here. Love the mental percussion workout in the middle. Kinda reminds me of Radioactive Man, probably because of the high pad chords.

I think the hats/triangle was a bit sharp in places.

My only real criticism is that the track felt a bit long, you could possibly shorten the second half by a minute or so, also the final percussive fadeout felt a bit stuck on.

Other than that, brilliant :)

Big thanks both. Glad you enjoyed it. :D

Nice blend of glitch and chill. Really like the tremeloed bass kind of gives it a bit of Sergio Leone feel. Beats are really nice, that gives it alot of momentum. 8)

I gotta say, I am quite impressed.. AT first I was finding myself not particularly fond of this piece yet then it started trancing me out into a very relaxed manner, I felt lik the panning was setting my mind scape to ALPHA. Very well done, love the LoFi, would really like to know what combinations of plugins and effects you used to produce this work. Keep it up bro!

Thanks sonic and system for checkin it. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Yeh sonic, the tremelo sound on the bass was something i really wanted, but it took a while to get the right sound.

enjoyed this quite a bit. enjoyed the first part (I did like the piano) more so than the bit after the mad percussion stuff; you could've split the two parts off at that point and made two separate tunes.
All's well though, quite an enjoyable listen.

Return to “Music Cafe”