11/16th Polyrhythmic trance Dub ciRCle, beta mix, comments?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just to do something polyrhythmic, is it worth a better mix?

http://www.dashsignature.com/mp3/DUb_ciRCle.mp3

Liqih, the link is not working for me. I'll try again tomorrow. :shrug: 8)
RogerPerrin

I'm up to my old hat tricks again.

Downloading NOW ;) .
I will come back later for commentary.

thanks, if it doesn't stream try right click

bumpete

I really like the rythmic variations, but I tried, and didn't hear anything that I'd count in 11.

james0tucson wrote:I really like the rythmic variations, but I tried, and didn't hear anything that I'd count in 11.
thanks,

the 11 could be heard on drums mostly, bass too,
but all is mixed with a 1/8T pattern of the synth,

anyway the synth intro is pure 11/16 x 2 bar,
22/16,

in the pic, black is the arpeggio, red is the drum,

Oh well, 22/16, why didn't you say. That explains it. :hihi: Liqih, I jest. This is definitely a keeper. The 11/16 is a refreshing approach to freshness. Sometimes trance just gets too hypnotic and, not enervating. Your 11/16 works, I think by throwing the listener's sense of time on a subconscious level, thus injecting interest and "freshness." Maybe you have just started a sub-genre within trance: FreshTrance. :D

I've only listened thrice, so I'm not going to make any suggestions for any tweaks. It's a great sound, sustains interest, and sort of zings you with its "freshness." :D
RogerPerrin

that's very nice to hear, <grin>
thanks Roger for your words,

BTW, before starting to work this morning I made this
short track to fix an idea, again odd signature 7/8
for a jazzy Trance song

http://www.dashsignature.com/mp3/Tarnce_in_Odd.mp3

On my way to work now, Liqih, so I'll give it a listen tonight. By the way, after listening to Dub Circle several times last night, I woke up this morning and over morning caffeine I was mentally working out various 11/16 rhythms: 3-4-4-, 4-3-4, 4-4-3. I used to do unusual rhythms like that occasionally at drum circles just to see if anyone "got it." Most drummers could never get it, but the dancing types always just kept movin' to the groove and never noticed. :shrug: :D 7/8 was one of my favorites. Later -
RogerPerrin

Return to “Music Cafe”