Your favorite acoustic artists?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For me it definately has to be the great cat stevens. I absolutely without a doubt think hes one of the best players out there, and even though hes come under alot of fire for those stupid rumors, it still doesnt exuse the fact that hes pioneered the career for many guitar players and singers today. I just picked up his new greatest hits cd "gold" and i wasnt suprised when it was the best stevens album to date. I highly recommend you guys check it out. Let me know what your favorites are, and if theres any other cat fans out there. Later

While I've often been partial to Cat Stevens, my favourite acoustic artist is Darren Hanlon (warning - flash heavy website).

I'm not sure if he is still mainly acoustic, but he's certainly a whimsical chap that I've long had a soft spot for.

-s
A suffusion of yellow...

Neil Young, cat stevens, some james taylor, basically that whole genre of charles manson-looking people of that era.

Oh, and Elliot Smith. I didnt like him at first, but I live with the most artfaggish town ever and have sponged some in via osmosis

Turtle Turtle wrote:I live with the most artfaggish town ever and have sponged some in via osmosis
hehe....Fairview, TX eh?

Explore the world and you will find much more of that which you do not seek.

On topic...I will say that my favorite acoustic artist is J.J. Cale!!!! What a badass!!!! 8)
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

freeztar wrote:
Turtle Turtle wrote:I live with the most artfaggish town ever and have sponged some in via osmosis
hehe....Fairview, TX eh?

Explore the world and you will find much more of that which you do not seek.
Nah I go to school in plano and everything is in Plano. Plano is the the yuppiest, most starbucksy town I've ever been to, except maybe portland fopr some reason. Portland has an unbelievable amount emo kids, definately topping Plano.

i like leo kottke, when he's playing solo and not singing. give "the fisherman" a listen...absolutely beautiful. also like elliot smith quite a bit, and lumen. oh, and bill mallonee, though it took me a while to appreciate his voice.

Current 93 (though occasionally electric-guitared, to be fair)
Six Organs of Admittance
and of course John Fahey

Nick Drake
Damien Rice
Sufjan Stevens
The Decemberists
Neutral Milk Hotel
Elliott Smith
Love
America
Jose Gonzales
Beck

Nick Drake vote here...

JeffSanders wrote:Sufjan Stevens
Elliott Smith
Jose Gonzales
Good choices. Of all i'd rate elliott my all time fav though. Aside from baby britain (which i still kinda like) he hasn't released even one lame song. I bought ...illinoise the other month and it starts dragging its feet near the end (to the extent i haven't heard the complete CD yet :P .) Seven Swans is 1st class though. Veneer is a good CD too, but not enough depth in it to "listen" to, just nice to have on.

Turtle Turtle wrote: basically that whole genre of charles manson-looking people of that era.

hello :waves:

too many to list but dylan is a big fave and donovan too :)
the who's behind blue eyes is one of the best acoustic tracks ever but wouldnt call the who a great acoustic act ;)
elliot smith yep
will oldham(i have a couple of his that are acoustic)
and many many more.........

Over the past year or so, every now and then NPR's been playing collaborations between banjo player Béla Fleck and bassist Edgar Meyer. Some excellent, often witty stuff -- jazz, classical-style, country/bluegrass... all arranged for one of the less common instrument match-ups.

vurt wrote:
Turtle Turtle wrote: basically that whole genre of charles manson-looking people of that era.

hello :waves:

too many to list but dylan is a big fave and donovan too :)
the who's behind blue eyes is one of the best acoustic tracks ever but wouldnt call the who a great acoustic act ;)
elliot smith yep
will oldham(i have a couple of his that are acoustic)
and many many more.........
Woo hoo....another will oldham (or whatever guise he decides to record under this hour :P ) fan. :P

Will Oldham, Nick Drake, Martin Stephenson
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Music Cafe”