january contest ... GOSSIP

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Blank_Frank wrote:1. M'Snah - Green As A Baby (Love the percussion and the treated vocals)
Thanks.

knockman, strangeJuice, Unfocused, oddbods finger, M'Snah, DrApostropheX, Hovmod

Thank you guys for the votes, definately boosts my confidence and motivates me to keep entering these great contests

Beardedone wrote:Emdot_ambient wrote
02 - Beardedone -- ByPhobos&Deimos: I must be a big fan of Beardedone, his tracks almost always strike a chord with me. Lovely lyrical piece this time, with a taint of the alien. Love it.

Thanks so much Emdot! This really perks me up. :D :D

Regarding the pad sound that was asked about earlier. It was the characteristic sound of a patch in DiscoDSP's Phantom. This made the track go forward from jsut a sketch. I would use Phantom a lot more if it did not use up so much of my cpu resources.

Best regars,
Gordon
Phantom can be a bit of a hog, eh? 8 tracks is about max on my AMD64 4000+ machine. But it's a lovely bit o'gear.

Glad I perked you up!

And thanks for those who were strange enough to vote for me . . .

KARA!!!! A #1 vote for me? Are you sure you typed that in correctly? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?! :oops: Thanks!

Aha: I'm finally broadband-enabled (at the new home) again! Looks like I'll have time to vote, too.

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

Markleford wrote:Aha: I'm finally broadband-enabled (at the new home) again! Looks like I'll have time to vote, too.

- m
Watch out...he's got broadband and he knows how to use it :lol:

hehe I'm broadband enabled too this time.. it made voting MUCH easier..

Markleford wrote:Aha: I'm finally broadband-enabled (at the new home) again! Looks like I'll have time to vote, too.
Hats off! Every time when I had moved house I was so depressed for some days that I was only able to do the most important things.

But on the other side - what else could be more important than KVR? :hihi:
Andreas (I presume my forefathers were apes)

Image Listen to some Monkey-Music

Beardedone wrote:Slartibartfast wrote:
Beardedone - ByPhobos&Deimos
I really like the pad sound you used. The first 0:36 and the later portion were the best parts of the track IMHO - the jazz break in the centre somehow didn't quite seem to fit with the atmosphere you expertly created at the beginning - although it is very competently done.
Thanks for this Slartibartfast. Frankly I am not sure how to do any other sort of "break". What would you suggest?
O HirsuteUnity, sorry for taking so long to reply - I have been out of internet range for the last couple of days. TBH, I'm not sure exactly what you could do with this. Perhaps build on the "zing" sounds you introduce at 0:24 and 0:34, (or alternatively, some highly processed scraped string noises, or barely recognisable guitar scrapes/strums (sort of similar to Unfocused's track)), and warp/vary these, make them build to a crescendo, increasing in frequency and intensity - till a final resolution to the more peaceful pad at the end?

Just a thought - but perhaps a little too alternative/ambient/dischordant for your tastes?
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

@emdot:
Thank you kind for your vote and especially the nice comment :)
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Beardedone wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Quote:
Beardedone - ByPhobos&Deimos
I really like the pad sound you used. The first 0:36 and the later portion were the best parts of the track IMHO - the jazz break in the centre somehow didn't quite seem to fit with the atmosphere you expertly created at the beginning - although it is very competently done.

Thanks for this Slartibartfast. Frankly I am not sure how to do any other sort of "break". What would you suggest?

O HirsuteUnity, sorry for taking so long to reply - I have been out of internet range for the last couple of days. TBH, I'm not sure exactly what you could do with this. Perhaps build on the "zing" sounds you introduce at 0:24 and 0:34, (or alternatively, some highly processed scraped string noises, or barely recognisable guitar scrapes/strums (sort of similar to Unfocused's track)), and warp/vary these, make them build to a crescendo, increasing in frequency and intensity - till a final resolution to the more peaceful pad at the end?

Just a thought - but perhaps a little too alternative/ambient/dischordant for your tastes?
Good thoughts! The zing is Melohmman executing a patch change in it's characteristic way. I love the way that instrument works though have to rely on the factory presets.

You are talking about messing up audio. That is my major weak point. I have only been successful mangling sudio with pHATMatilk Pro :love: .I have fooled with clips in Sonar 4 and in Live :shrug: but still have trouble doing anything musical with them. I have no clue how to use audio clips in FLStudio. So I wonder if you know of any tutorials that deal with audio mangling in general. I have Kontakt, Cameleon, CronoX3, ST2 and eXT and a host of effects - the PSP Audio suite, QuadFrohmage, iZotope Trash, Spectron and Ozone as well as CamelSpace and CamelPhat 3 plus a few others I cannot recall. Mostly used for prosaic tasks or as inserts to spice things up. Midi is making me lazy.

Ooops, just caught on to this: voters must have 20 *posts*, not 20 votes.

Sorry for any confusion!

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

Markleford wrote:Ooops, just caught on to this: voters must have 20 *posts*, not 20 votes.

Sorry for any confusion!

- m
everyone who voted must now be instantly disqualified :hihi:

Diek...what are you taking! Thanks for the #1. :D

It's been a busy month so I haven't had the time to send out the voting checks for everyone so maybe next month. But I did get MY votes in, though.

For next month the theme should be "most annoying sound you heard for five hours while in bed with the flu" (I'd win hands down thanks to my upstairs neighbor who picked today to lay down his new wooden flooring).
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

I cut the tracks onto a CD to play in the car. Several friends have asked where they can buy a copy! Well done everyone.
I have got comments like this also for a number of the months. It's a tribute to level you all have reached.

Cheers,
Gordon

Return to “Music Cafe”