Cold Earth II(Sickle atmospheric)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How 'bout that Gaugear, eh?

:D

One instance of that artsy fartsy Masterpiece crudely used here by Yours Truly. My first track of 2005 was a little ditty called 'Cold Earth', so I guess I'll stick with the program..

Cold Earth II

And yes, Borogove, I even managed to edit the mp3 tags again..

:hihi:

Happy Blue Year, everyone..

:zzz:
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

man...this is beautiful...spare, austere and really quite beautiful

Wow, this is almost music-like. :P

I wasn't going to listen until tomorrow, but decided 9 more minutes of waking won't kill me. Very lovely, the subsections almost play like a Sickle greatest hits. Although your reverb is a tad flat and rumbly (round 4:30ish).

Cheers,
Steve

I know...what's gotten in to you? Are you in love or something?

So it really is a Sickle greatest hits, then?

:bang:

Some of this is downright tuneful... I like the last few minutes particularly when it gets all degraded.

It's not me it's the synth, honest..

:hihi:

nice. like new age gone all broody and wrong ... ;-) i especially like the alternation of classic sickle wall of sound with passages of sparseness and clarity. you know what i think would be very cool: intimations (could be very subtle and perhaps almost inaudible) of a slow complex (perhaps polymetric) beat. not using drums, rather some sort of appropriate percussive element.

rachmiel wrote:not using drums, rather some sort of appropriate percussive element.
Ah, yes..That irksome old drum/percussion problem.

:dog:

Maybe I should give your drumLiner a go..I absolutely hate sequencing percussion/beat stuff..

Cheers, Rick!

How 'bout that Gaugear, eh?
indeed ...
enjoyed your production , on this ...

> Ah, yes..That irksome old drum/percussion problem.

you know i am with you when it comes to NOT being enchanted by most drum parts. but i love odd grooves, rhythmic flow. so i'm thinking more like clicks or impulses that proceed slowly, build a kind of field of beats that will engage the listener's analytical faculty, inspire him/her to divine patterns.

here's a good example of what i'm talking about:

http://www.reaktions.com/music/double_u ... ator_b.mp3

listen to the way he engages your pattern diviner.

rachmiel wrote:> Ah, yes..That irksome old drum/percussion problem.

you know i am with you when it comes to NOT being enchanted by most drum parts. but i love odd grooves, rhythmic flow. so i'm thinking more like clicks or impulses that proceed slowly, build a kind of field of beats that will engage the listener's analytical faculty, inspire him/her to divine patterns.

here's a good example of what i'm talking about:

http://www.reaktions.com/music/double_u ... ator_b.mp3

listen to the way he engages your pattern diviner.
That's a pretty cool track; I see what you mean completely. I really like the distortion in it as well, which is the other problem I always run up against:

Digital Distortion totally sux0rz..

:bang: :bang: :bang:

love the way it decends into real sickle territory :D
great to return from a day of listening to 2 rnb chicks singing the same 2 verses over and over :x (well studio work doesnt always mean music i like i suppose :hihi: )

Return to “Music Cafe”