My first attempt at composing something more ambient

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi There,

This is my first attempt at composing something more ambient.

I don't program synths so all the electronic parts are presets from Sampletank 2 XL and Sonik Synth 2 Free :?

Recorded in Tracktion 8)

Learning To Trust

Hope you like it :)

Steve

Very nice. I'd probably look for something a little different for the initial melody synth line but the one you chose works well. I really like the Guitar part. Is that Sampletanks also? Regardless sound great. Also the mp3 loops pretty much seamlessly a nice touch for a piece like this.
Good production, a soothing listen, cant ask for more than that.

MRT wrote:Very nice. I'd probably look for something a little different for the initial melody synth line but the one you chose works well. I really like the Guitar part. Is that Sampletanks also? Regardless sound great. Also the mp3 loops pretty much seamlessly a nice touch for a piece like this.
Good production, a soothing listen, cant ask for more than that.
Thank you for your comments MRT :) The guitar part is me playing my Yamaha acoustic.

Steve

this is lovely.
whilst not my normal listening fayre(i favour more dirt :hihi: ) i can still appreciate something like this.im getting images of being on the bow of a ship sailing into unknown territorys,sun shining and the sea is calm.
sweet guitar sound too :)

vurt wrote:this is lovely.
whilst not my normal listening fayre(i favour more dirt :hihi: ) i can still appreciate something like this.im getting images of being on the bow of a ship sailing into unknown territorys,sun shining and the sea is calm.
sweet guitar sound too :)
Wow, thanks Vurt :D I'm so glad you've enjoyed it :)

Steve

I like that breathy pad in the background
and yeah, very sweet guitar sound and playing
8)

bluedad wrote:I like that breathy pad in the background
and yeah, very sweet guitar sound and playing
8)
Thanks man, much appreciated :)

Steve

lush and sweet...thanks

mayan wrote:lush and sweet...thanks
You're welcome Mayan, thanks for the encouragement :)

Steve

Return to “Music Cafe”