Non de sense [more trials on the monitors]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Free days from work and experimentations galore on this end; yes another track done live. This time all three keyboards joined together where all the FX with electric sockets (I forgot to juice the batteries) got used. The springreverb does some nasty things now and then, but to my ears it fitted the atmosphere. What its about; I have no clue, hence non de sense

At your own risk:

Non de sense
160kbs/15,4M/13,31m

8)

:o I never realized the date btw; and that time mirrors it well :hihi:

I officially have a new favourite Mystahr piece! Fine drone foundation, everything else as subtle as it should be. Nice slooooow emergence of the rhythmic pulse. Just perfect.

Needs higher bitrate though - I imagine the uncompressed version must sound even better.

As always the conversion screws up details, but then again posting a 24bit wav file would scare most to even try downloading.

And thank you so much here. Programming the various layers here and eq'ing them beforehand I feel certainly helped bringing life into the actual recording.
PS: There is a Rosa Spectacuclaire from last week around here too somewhere ;)

Wow, this one just hums and crackles along. Really augmented by a sense of it being played live, all non-rigid structures and intuitive timing.

I was out and couldn't get back to this earlier, but thank you so incredibly much for this compliment. It tells me I am on the right road, so I'll just keep meandering down my own track :)

i still find it hard to belive youve never heard throbbing gristle :o
so many of the ideas you are experimenting with remind me of bits of their work,i know you would love them :love:

like dystonia i think this has just officially jumped into the mystahr topslot! :D

and yes,stay meandering on your own track,it works beautifully :)

one day i hope to be there watching this happen.
make it so.

Cheers john :D

Yeah I should get myself Throbbing gristled one day soon :oops:

You'll catch it one day though I'm quite positive about that, don't worry. One step at a time ;) Till then I'll just be enjoying myself

PS: noise in the system is preventing me to listen to other works atm

mystahr wrote:PS: noise in the system is preventing me to listen to other works atm
Hah!

Nice disclaimer!

:hihi:

This is on the AM rotation list.

:party:
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

mystahr - your pieces are significant events for my ears and inner-being. Thanks. Great, slow evolve. And BTW, what is the noise in the system trying to tell you? And which system? Yours or your stereo's? Reminds me of the line in the Gods Must Be Crazy where the woman asks if the voices in her head are loud enough to disturb anybody.

Cheers Mayan; glad you enjoyed the event :)

The noise is coming from the digital mixer; which is somehow screwed by the electric system here. It only produces noise in the late afternoon/early evening, when there's a peak in electric usage here. I live in an ancient coachhouse with not so great electric supply; so that and lack of finances (and understanding what exactly is the problem) has halted me to do something about it. When the noise is there I am crippled, as no matter which channel I open it will overrule any sound. So I could service the mixer, but I'm affraid the real problem then still persists. I hope to one day tackle the problem.

Blimey - it's alive! neat rolling drone that grows (growls?) into something truly evil. Into the 'top drones' folder - a first for the lad Mark 8) Good work :wink:
toujours humectez la mouture. toujours.

Cheers Miro; I've been wondering myself lately if what I do is harsh, dark and evil or sweet and explorative and I haven't found a good answer for it yet. Also I found that in personal opinions of others there is a great variation too. I know the past year I've been trying to deal with some inner demons, but still they're not as dark as I see it. Then again; I'll just keep going the path I'm strolling on and enjoy myself, for that I do.

Btw; I've had a tremendous hard time trying to find a translation for those words in your sig, but so far unlucky. What does it stand for?
Sickle wrote: This is on the AM rotation list.
Wonders which AM :roll:

mystahr wrote:... I'll just keep going the path I'm strolling on and enjoy myself, for that I do.
You do just that, please. You always have been a great droner, Mark...that's a compliment :hihi:
mystahr wrote:Btw; I've had a tremendous hard time trying to find a translation for those words in your sig, but so far unlucky. What does it stand for?.
'boku' is a male's casual way of saying "me"
'no' marks the posessive, so "Mark no keyboard" = Mark's keyboard.
'sora' meaning "sky"
Its the title of my CD :wink:
toujours humectez la mouture. toujours.

Return to “Music Cafe”