Soft Satirical Abstract

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just found the sheet music of this as I am clearing out the loft. Wrote it in 1977 so I've just realised it on the computer. I remember it being a sunny afternoon and being very laid back with the heat and a breif encounter with a waterpipe. :oops:
Any comments welcome please.

Here's the link. http://the-auditorium.net/viewtopic.php?p=26956#26956

That's lovely Obfski. It's got that lazy yet melancholic feel of some Sunday afternoons. I 'd prefer some other sound (or sounds) for the main melody but at the same time the track has a nice Moroder-like sound overall.
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

Thanks zeoy. It's funny but I heard Morricone rather than Moroder, but definately a certain sound there that is evocotive of the time. Thanks for listening and leaving your comments.

Perhaps I need to make the topic line a bit more enticing so I get more comments? Any suggestions? I know it's a bump :P what the heck.

This is very nice, Obfski - lovely sounds and a great feel - I certainly hear Morricone. I did find the way the lead was panned from side to side a bit distracting, but then I was listening through headphones - probably not so noticable on speakers.
Fourth Mansions - putting the "ick" into music.

Thanks for listening 4m, and for your comments. I've not heard it over headphones so I will check that out.

you've been into music for a long time and with memory like that it seems dementia hasn't set in
this is way cool....like the key changes and choice of instruments....and the changes where the lead instrument is doing some 5 in the time of 4 [or similar]thing...choice

Hey fateamenableto, I'm only 47....dementia indeed :x . Thanks for listening anyway and for the comments. I'm just downloading your track so watch out :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”