Funky DNB

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GAM - Dirty Funk (64kbps mono version)

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1BPT ... NITWPM2A5U

any feedback appreciated!

cheers! :D
Last edited by tidyguyver on Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

that just links to: http://www.yousendit.com/

mate this is excellent.

shame its so low quality as i dont really have a hope of apreciating the production. although i am maybe slightly unsure about the beat, but cant really be objective with the low quality. otherwise, im really feeling it musically!

i actually dislike 99% of dnb nowdays, basically all but pendulum, subfocus and noisia. everything else bores the shit out of me.

anyway, this id certainly listen/dance too :)

can you not put a higher quality version up? make it short (half the track or less) if your worried about people using it. also, got any more?

nice one.
Last edited by martian on Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

64kps? you must be joking, i wouldnt even bother downloading unless it was at the very least 128, pref 192 or higher.

thanks alot for your feedback! yeah i'm the same to be honest, i'm not keen on the overly morbid and grungy dnb, i prefer the upbeat catchy stuff, so maybe thats why you like my track, as we are probably in the same listening boat! hehe.

i'll get a high quality clip up for you to listen to so you can comment on the quality, i've only just started making drum n bass so this is my first and only dnb tune, although i have a few ideas down that will be finished soon, and i'll post them when they are done. (it's not my first ever musical production though, i've been producing for about 5 years)

great track! i too would be interested in a higher quality version.

edit: that was fast :hihi:
Last edited by jtxx000 on Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

see above jtxx000 :o)

cool. not bad for a first dnb track :o .

ive been making stuff for 5 or so years too, mainly dnb then branched out. i have some (old) funky dnb on the site in my sig if you wana check it out. but its been a while since doing dnb because i just got so frustrated with the scene and my general lack of energy, so in the meantime diverted to chilled stuff for a while. but going to get back on it soon i hope, and aspire to take my stuff to a much higher level of musicality.

regards,

tidyguyver wrote:new link, 160kbps clip

http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=20EG ... BYSJDM5ZJY
thanks, i'll listen tomorrow.

i'll check out your stuff now martian, i started off making hard house 5 years ago (horrible bouncy stuff), then progressed to hard trance and now i'm working on music from all different genres, i'm trying my hand at tech trance/melodic trance now and electro/tech house, and more recently the upbeat dnb, which i'm really enjoying as its much more challenging productionally.

i'll leave feedback for your tracks once i've listened.

ahh, just checked out the new version. i think theres some work to be done production wise. as suspected the drums arent quite there, toughening/punching them up could take it to a whole new level. atm there's little dynamics which prevents it from 'exploding'. the snare in particular i feel is desperately lacking.

tonally the mix is muddy and dull, all easy to fix though.

anyway, i'll give it a listen in the studio and give you more insightfull feedback later.

regards,

i appreciate your comments matey, however i do disagree with what your saying, i have a good situation for mastering my music, and i have mackie hr824's which the track sounds great on....

are you comparing the track to anything in particular, and are you not listening on fresh ears? this tends to be when people find mixes to be dull (after making my tracks i always find they sounding quite dull but after a rest and on fresh ears they sound bright and tight)

obviously its all subjective, what you might think is a good mix, i might not agree, thanks anyways :o)

monitors mean nothing, experience/knowledge is everything. i listened and evaluated the major problems on these £15 headphones. but if it makes you feel better ive also listened on my mackies.

after another proper listen, i think it needs more work than i originally thought. this is comparing to dnb and even music in general.

i would also certainly argue that what im hearing is not subjective, its about as objective as anyone could be. for you to consider your mix good, you either have to say the rest of the dnb scenes mixes are worse or better, because yours is so different, and goes against what most are trying to achieve.

i genuinely hope you take note of my comments, and i hope i dont come across as arrogant/rude, im not, in fact the opposite, hate most of what i do, insecure etc. but i try to be fairly honest and frank about things i feel are a problem and shut-up about everything subjective.

anyway, its fine for you to feel different, but if you ever change your mind then dont hesitate to contact me with new mixes. :) i like the music and just want to see it come to full potential.

regards,

Return to “Music Cafe”