runagate's Song #2 tabla - - gongs - - & electric bass

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

choochcat wrote:Blimey. That's bonkers. I love it. I'd be inclined to break up the 8/8 structure by varying the pattern length some and occasionally bringing it all back a beat or two early.
I can see clubs in the darker corners of Berlin going wild with a huge kick drum underneath.
There are few things I'd rather not do that make a people dance in a club in Berlin.
How about if I were to break up the time sig by using 9 simultaneous but different
rhythms?

/sarcasm off

Dammit I need caffeine where's my ape?

I don't know what it is but the words underneath your pic I keep seeing as 'lick my clitty',which is just plain silly as I don't have one.

fateamenabletochange wrote:I don't know what it is but the words underneath your pic I keep seeing as 'lick my clitty',which is just plain silly as I don't have one.
:drunk: Don't feel bad; that was entirely intentional on my part.

runagate wrote:How about if I were to break up the time sig by using 9 simultaneous but different
rhythms?
It'll be my 8/8 ears that are the problem. Life's better in odd shapes.

The strange fact is that when I conceive of music I rarely even have one repeating part.
I am trying to tone that tendency down.
Also I tend to use uneven meters to my heart's content.
I have no audience to mke happy but myself so this isn't a problem.
What is a problem is having vastly too little CPU power (1.8 Ghz AMD now, 1.0 Pentium 3
back when I made this song.
I just can't emphasize this point enough.
I can't quite squeeze out what I want and most of these songs are a partial
concession to what I can do with available resources.

(edit) of course the upswing to this is that it keeps my tunes
semi-listenable by others whereas if I had my way they'd be less so :roll:

Return to “Music Cafe”