Electro House Track - Feedback welcome

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

Heres the link

http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=18P4 ... AV673JM3L1

Im fairly new to production, still trying to get my head round EQing and the mastering side of things but this seems to be a good place to get advise, Any feedback good or bad would be welcome.

cheers

Duncan :)

Well put together, doesnt need too much in the way of mastering, Im not at all upset at it. :) I say that cause ive seen too many come in here and not do any type of homework and feel they should get the best of compliments. Nonetheless, you did your homework and it shows. What I would change: deeper kick, less top end on the kick. Being that its an electro track, the snare should be less splashy, more tight i think. The track follows the "formula" a bit much, and being a dj for 8 years, it kinda makes it monotunous. "Formula", you ask? the 16 bar intro, the pre-breakdown at 33, the second breakdown, the ride-out. All goes according to schedule. makes for an easy track for mixing, but doesnt stand out. All in all I dont hate it, and while its not my taste, I give you credit for the talent, keep it up!
Why cry about your own desires, when I could have them and leave you standing in the sadness of your own....

Cheers johnny :) yeah I agree I have kept to the formula and I think that ha s alot to do with th efact that Im djing every week too and that I suppose I wanna start out basic and get to grips with the important things before I start getting creative with the arrangement but cheers for the advise mate, glad it didnt hurt your ears too much :D

*bump*

Return to “Music Cafe”