puurification

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

behold the ancient purification ritual from planet gruuvMellvma:

www.rachmiel.org/puurification.mp3

originally this music was played without pause (or repetition) for one straight gruuvMellvmaan day (approximately 92.4 earth hours) while nubile juveniles of all sexes (7) underwent complex (and exquisitely painful) purification rituals administered by elders of the gLom(ph)f (tribe). now it's just played in gruuvMellvman concert halls, though often to packed (and spontaneously purifying) gLLLLLngs (crowds).

warning: pregnant listeners should cover their abdomens with cheesecloth soaked in warm (not hot!) castor oil.

Yikes, sounds like those nubile juveniles took quite the lashing midway through. I'm considering covering my eyes before I listen again.

> Yikes, sounds like those nubile juveniles took quite the lashing midway through. I'm considering covering my eyes before I listen again.

i *warned* you! this is not music for the faint of (h)ear(t) ... if it does its job correctly, it will change you, wash you out like a good cayenne enema.

this is like an ambient electronica version of ewan maccolls "dirty old town" :o
frickin awesome.
and i bet youve never even heard it have you :x
:hihi:

"i kissed my love by the factory wall..."

check it out if you dont know it, im sure youll hear what i mean
tis a track that means a lot to me(not so much the original as one of many of the later covers) so a great compliment from me btw :)

What drums were used on this? Freeware samples or a sample library? Realy like em and could do with some decent 'tribal'-like samples.

Piece is brill. loving the fact that there appears to be a rhythm...but there actualy isnt ...if ya get me :hihi:

Very relaxing piece i thought, got any others like this?

WoJ

> this is like an ambient electronica version of ewan maccolls "dirty old town" frickin awesome. and i bet youve never even heard it have you

umm ... maccoll? who he?

> so a great compliment from me

thanks vurtnn(tn(n))! ((tn(nn))

Cool! Loved it. It grabbed me right away and really progressed into evocative timbres and gestures.

> What drums were used on this? Freeware samples or a sample library? Realy like em and could do with some decent 'tribal'-like samples.

ChineeKong drum loops.

http://www.chineekong.com/chineekong.htm

so is it a no-no among idm/electronica creators to use loops from commercial libraries? how about if you fool around with them ... which i did with the loop here, ran it through one of my reaktor desamplers than combined it with itself (staggered, eq, one reverse layer, volume envelopes) four times.

Drums and drone are perfect - I can't say I like the lead part though - really like to hear a version minus that and with some sort of more subtle/subliminal buildup of background elements.

> Drums and drone are perfect - I can't say I like the lead part though - really like to hear a version minus that and with some sort of more subtle/subliminal buildup of background elements.

i could try it ... :-) i realize that the lead is overbearing and kind of melodramatic. and i realize some people won't like it for those reasons. me: i love the lurid stuff, the more neon and gaud the better. ;-)

cool piece, rachmiel...foreboding and fraught with -well- with fraughtness. Turned my wage-slave office into a tawdry gruuvMellvma back-alley hologram. Remind me not to get hung-over there.

Didn't the Pogues do a major-league cool cover of "Dirty Old Town." I have this image of Shane MacGowan weaving dangerously toward the edge of a stage, singing it...but he could be weaving dangerously toward the edge of a stage singing ANY song for that matter, I guess.

> cool piece, rachmiel...foreboding and fraught with -well- with fraughtness

! :-) you have a way with word. ;-)

mayan wrote:

Didn't the Pogues do a major-league cool cover of "Dirty Old Town." I have this image of Shane MacGowan weaving dangerously toward the edge of a stage, singing it...but he could be weaving dangerously toward the edge of a stage singing ANY song for that matter, I guess.

indeed they did :)

well, that susses it, i'm getting chinee kong. i've wanted it forever, and this really makes up my mind.

i personally like the lead quite a lot, but then, i still like yo la tengo, which is pretty flat out melodrama if such a thing ever existed.

Return to “Music Cafe”