Deco Echo

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My latest track for you to listen to.

http://www.sonicera.com/Deco%20Echo.mp3

Hardware:
Alesis Ion
Korg Wavestation
Yamaha DX200
DSI Evolver
Oberheim Matrix 6r
Korg Kaoss Pad
Electrix Mo-FX
TC Electronic M300
Alesis Midiverb II

Software:
Dimension
M42
VSampler
Sonitus reverb, delay, and eq
Ohmboys

8)

grabbing ...
will listen and comment tomorrow ...

good to see you back ...

And another return to the Café :hyper:

Welcome back Bruce

I'd say you had some new baby's to the gear-list too looking at the culprits you used.

About the only thing I could really add here is that it is just beautiful but at first glance appears to be not as dynamic as I hoped it would be; so I'm turning up the volume for the second run.
And a louder listen reveals a lot of dynamics, where my initial feeling now gets a bit more specific; in the sense that what I am missing is the power of silence really in the dynamical sense. It's a bit too filled up as I feel it where silence can bring so much more tension to this.

Still; all this aside. There's some awesome soundscapes happening here and it just is great to hear from you again 8)

having had several listens: ...

your production is pristine , and lush ...
the scope of this track is massive , and looming ...
i love the way the lower registers are fully represented ...

i don't seem to have the misgivings regarding dynamics that mjark has evinced ; i love the way you have moved the dynamic elements to the edge of perception ...

massive is totally the right description .. i love this soniccat

i can imagine some lush space orientated visuals to go with this as well ..

i think there is plenty of scope in the dynamic range too .. there are crescendos, sweeps, subtle changes etc.. i like it ..

ooh this is lovely in the bass freqs :hyper:
love the way its all sits nicely in the mix yet still allows that "throbbe" to be heard :D

more!

Amazing understated darkness. Very cool piece.

mystahr wrote:And another return to the Café :hyper:

Welcome back Bruce

I'd say you had some new baby's to the gear-list too looking at the culprits you used.

About the only thing I could really add here is that it is just beautiful but at first glance appears to be not as dynamic as I hoped it would be; so I'm turning up the volume for the second run.
And a louder listen reveals a lot of dynamics, where my initial feeling now gets a bit more specific; in the sense that what I am missing is the power of silence really in the dynamical sense. It's a bit too filled up as I feel it where silence can bring so much more tension to this.

Still; all this aside. There's some awesome soundscapes happening here and it just is great to hear from you again 8)
Thanks Mark, I see what you mean about the dynamics although I was focuaing on the drone here maybe a bit more modulation in certain parts would do the trick. But at this point I think the piece is done, I have already started a new track. :)

I am glad to be back, just don't have dsl yet so it is like living in the dark ages. Dial-up sucks. :x :cry:

normal wrote:having had several listens: ...

your production is pristine , and lush ...
the scope of this track is massive , and looming ...
i love the way the lower registers are fully represented ...

i don't seem to have the misgivings regarding dynamics that mjark has evinced ; i love the way you have moved the dynamic elements to the edge of perception ...
Thanks norm, I had some distortion pop up in an earlier mix but I think that is tamed now. as I said my focus was on the drone so I was working the Kaoss pad parts around that, I guess that worked well enough. 8)

fitch wrote:massive is totally the right description .. i love this soniccat

i can imagine some lush space orientated visuals to go with this as well ..

i think there is plenty of scope in the dynamic range too .. there are crescendos, sweeps, subtle changes etc.. i like it ..
Thanks fitch, Yea space visuals would be cool. Maybe someday I'll get that soundtrack commission for nasa. I tend to think spaceyness all the time so I am ready for it. :)

vurt wrote:ooh this is lovely in the bass freqs :hyper:
love the way its all sits nicely in the mix yet still allows that "throbbe" to be heard :D

more!
Thanks John, was playing with the Kaoss pad on this one and it allows for a comfortable mix. :D

respirator wrote:Amazing understated darkness. Very cool piece.
Thanks respirator, glad you enjoyed. 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”