Glocken Tube [no longer here]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

To offer a piece of experimentalism for the opening of AD here is what I created this morning:

The link has been taken down; as this will further lead the life of developed track for the upcoming album for Emerald Tablet.

Here is the concept of thinking:

I wanted to take a bell sound and play it through my tube equipment (behringer tube ultrafex and the Metasonix TM1) so for starters I played a live sequence and recorded the midi. I played this 4 times (glocken-sound from the Yamaha SY85) everytime in varying settings and switching left/right output of the tube (different settings per channel on the mixer).
I was then left with 4 audio-recordings which all got a different render using the PLParQ3 (hi-pass/low-pass), which I then imported into Cubase and again putting it to different settings (pan/lo-pass/hi-pass) per audio channel. At first I wanted to automate the levels or pick one minute from each, but listening to them all playing simultanuously I felt a one go at one setting was sufficient enough.

And thus the experiment went with this earpuncher as a result.

Enjoy the result 8)
Last edited by mystahr on Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

What's the source of the pitch slide? Is that just how the glocken-sound on the SY85 sounds?

I quite liked this. The pitch-sliding sound itself wasn't very interesting, although the longer slides tend to add a good effect, but it's the sustained sounds in between that are just lovely, especially when the extended sine tones on the tails of the pings are thrown in.

link seems to be broken mystahr...

hmmm, it worked just now on this end. Could be the fluctuating problems of late with PanicNow! Try again in a bit I'd suggest.

shamann wrote:What's the source of the pitch slide? Is that just how the glocken-sound on the SY85 sounds?

I quite liked this. The pitch-sliding sound itself wasn't very interesting, although the longer slides tend to add a good effect, but it's the sustained sounds in between that are just lovely, especially when the extended sine tones on the tails of the pings are thrown in.
The pitchsliding comes purely from the SY85 itself, which suddenly surfaced really while adjusting the controls. In the 4 recordings I kept 2 clean and original sound but in the other two I played a little with the filter and release which resulted in the sustained tones (I found the SY doing that on some patches; quirky but I like it a lot)

It's different then my usual output; but quite enjoyed creating this one

Cheers Steve

nice belltones :)
short n sweet.

sorry to say , i find the pitch slide annoying ...
perhaps once , or twice , okay ...
constantly ?... not for me ...

Cheers John :)

And Njorm; I hear you and this probably is why I before hand was thinking of selecting only a minute of each track to build from there. It will for certain be something taken into account in the further developement of this tune.

I've taken down the link btw; since this will be further worked on for the upcoming album from Emerald Tablet.

Ha: I saved it! Very cool piece. Looking forward to hear the Remco-version.

me too ;)

:cry: I didn't even get to hear it!

Return to “Music Cafe”