[metroid-esque] Prime Ascension

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Genetic_Junk wrote:Game music fan here too. This is nice; do a whole album with Soundcell 3.

Sickle typed, "That and it's just fun to experiment with different synths/patches applied to the midi compositions.. "

I've been doing this with the FF VII midis a lot lately. I don't have too many songs to experiment with though. Do you have a good source?
www.vgmusic.com :?:
Mizutaphile.

Shit man..You can find them ALL online..I need to replace the ones I lost; when I grab em up I'll send you a link.
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Thanks for the link Ildon.

I'd really appreaciate that Sickle.

vurt wrote:ooh er this is kinda nice aint it :)
nice transitions and overall feel.
coolio 8)
Thanks vurt!
Ildon wrote: You should be proud of this. It's good stuff. You got the almost-minimalist-but-not-really thing down, but you didn't quite capture Yamamoto's sound (which may not be exactly what you were going for in the first place.)
Well I was sorta going for that style but as sometimes happens, things turn out differently than you originally plan. Thanks for listening!

Yep, I'm a huge game music fan. Actually I don't really play games much anymore (only on my DS when I catch a free moment), but I could listen to game music all day...

Some recent favorites for game music:
Castlevania DS
Perfect Dark ZERO
Advance Wars Advance (yes its cheesy but OMG its catchy!)

Genetic_Junk wrote:Game music fan here too. This is nice; do a whole album with Soundcell 3.
Thanks Genetic_Junk! I'd love to write a whole album with SC3 + Stylus RMX. And maybe throw Zebra2 in the mix... That would be more than enough sounds to do some awesome stuff. But, alas, I barely had time just to write this one track :-/

Jeremy_NSL wrote:Yep, I'm a huge game music fan. Actually I don't really play games much anymore (only on my DS when I catch a free moment), but I could listen to game music all day...

Some recent favorites for game music:
Castlevania DS
Perfect Dark ZERO
Advance Wars Advance (yes its cheesy but OMG its catchy!)
8)

FFXI and its expansions still rank in at number 1 for me.

<3 Mizuta. :love:
Mizutaphile.

johnnytluxury wrote:NIIICCCEEEE! Very lush, tight production, perfect for gaming! You need to send this in, somebody needs to take notice..
Hey, missed this reply. Thanks alot johnny! :D Very high praise...

I am in the process of compiling a demo reel of different genres to send to game companies. After that, hopefully someone does take notice! :)

I thought this was very well done and seamlessly produced. The style is not particularly what I would pick out but that's me and part of the reason why I come to the music cafe and has nothing to do with the music itself - I found it enjoyable, however, all the way through. Good work.

Thanks mayan. I have certainly learnt to appreciate other genres and especially general production by listening in the Cafe, too :)

Not to disagree with its metroid-esque sound, but this sounds alot more like something from Deus Ex. Very cyberpunkish theme to it. Atleast, thats how I see it.
_
Triscuit the timid titmouse tinkers thoughtfully towards tomorrow....TODAY!

Wow Sauhaq... :-o Deus Ex is (along with Metroid Prime) in my Top 5 of any type of music. Alexander Brandon wrote some just shockingly good music for that game.

I never expected that but I'm extremely pleased by that reference! :D :!: Thanks for listening!

That was a very cool track man. I was instantly reminded of metroid. Great work! :)

RawTheory wrote:That was a very cool track man. I was instantly reminded of metroid. Great work! :)
Mission Accomplished! Thanks very much RawTheory :)

nice track,

very video gameish. and I mean that in a good way.
so that's all sound cell? I'm impressed

dw

dusted william wrote:nice track,

very video gameish. and I mean that in a good way.
so that's all sound cell? I'm impressed

dw
Thanks dw! Thats exactly what I was going for.

Yep its all SoundCell THREE, except the drums which are Stylus RMX.

Return to “Music Cafe”