Keep Your Eyes Closed

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, you could try that, I guess, but it's just a title for this piece of dark-ish, abstract, noice-ridden piece of music. Four tracks:

Keep: Guitar (Parker Nite-Fly) through pedals and the Rednef Twin amp sim. Played accidentically.
Your: Bass (OLP) through pedals. Played with *feeling*.
Eyes: Delay pedals make their own noise.
Closed: Microphone (recording tv sounds) through a bunch of distortion pedals.

Mixed to taste.

This is a result of some experimenting I've been doing, so this is quite finished.

I hope you enjoy (there's a lot of bass, so headphones ain't the best way to listen to this).

Keep Your Eyes Closed

You could say that this is just unorganised noise, but in fact a lot of thought and practice went into this. I just don't practice chords and scales anymore, but noise and textures.

ok, now where's the music? :shrug: not dissing this and not saying you didn't work hard to make this, but the whole purpose of music is to be pleasurable to listen to, imo. and this is anything but that. paranoia, schizophrenia and a bit of dementia.

more melody please.

The music is in you. Search - and someday you'll find it.

;-)

omg, what the f**k is this?
Give me back the 10 secs of my life listening to whatever it is
and I'm fuckin paying to download 10 megs for this

I'm loving this!

Edit: Mr. Orange. This is your first post in the music cafe. I clearly state what this track is about. I'm amused by your comment, but why the f**k did you download this track?

I found the music in this. its not just random noise...it does have some what a structure. its a sound scape to me.

2:10 has a small melody in the back ground...sounded really cool.

I like's.

intresting stuff.

Posted over at the auditorium already, but I loved this Thomas.

respirator wrote:I'm loving this!

Edit: Mr. Orange. This is your first post in the music cafe.
Pretty simple really. He trolled the Reaktor forum for I don't know how long, and when he was incapable of learning Reaktor, he gave up on that and now is looking elsewhere for his Magic Audio Bullet, so he trolls KVR instead.

Don't think I've ever heard anything from him, ever..Aside from complaining that nothing he uses does what he wants it to.

What could it mean. . . . .

:zzz:
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

HOlY SHIT...That was a Great piece!! Really loved it. Whew! I think it's very beautiful. Thanks. I know exactly what you mean about practicing textures and sounds rather than scales and notes. Right on...the music here just keeps getting deeper.

heh; the comments remind me of my archive-commentary; laugh about it and carry on.

This is so beautiful man :love:

Each new time you reach for your marvel collection you're experience grows and your sound just gets better and better. I'm glad and happy to be a witness of your evolution here. (and can't wait to see/hear/experience a clash)

Thanks for listening guys. I quite like this myself. The "Apple Bite" track (which wasn't that good - unfinished) was the final piece that made me able to do this track (does that make sense?).

:10: I'm glad you found the music!

Regarding our dear troll, Dr. Orange. Such guys are fun at first, bet get rather tiresome in the long run.

This is beautiful - sort of early Maeror-Tri kind of sound, totally enveloping.

Purposeful. Maintains its tension and momentum. Like a well-told story. Very nice.

Fantastic. I really love your approach to processing your sources which doesn't totally destroy the sounds' character/dynamics. Great structure too. Always knows where it's going and where it's just been, if you get my drift.

Are you familiar with Keith Rowe? He has a similar approach to the guitar as a sound source which I think you'd find interesting.

Two new names to check out. Didn't know Maeror-Tri, but they look very interesting. Keith Rowe is quite weird. Great! Thanks for listening.

Return to “Music Cafe”