My Twin Peaks/Blade Runner fusion

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here it is
Enjoy and let me know of your thoughts please.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~dolphinson ... Runner.ogg
Leave ones footprint in that of the mind not the physical world. We have screwed it over enough.

Ok, after reading the guidelines some more info about the song

Format is Ogg at 192bit rate
Size is 9.1 Mb goes for somewhere around 6 minutes
Instrumentation is Vanguard, Albino and Absynth with hand drums fusing into an ambient trance style.

Hope you like it.
Leave ones footprint in that of the mind not the physical world. We have screwed it over enough.

Format is Ogg at 192bit rate
Size is 9.1 Mb goes for somewhere around 6 minutes
Would it be possible to covert to MP3/128bit rate?
I think you'll get more listens.... :)
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

Ok,

MP3 version at just under 6Mb and at 128 bit rate.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~dolphinson ... Runner.mp3

The intro of this made me pump up the volume for a beautiful wash and intiguing build up in sounds. It was however when the drums entered that I was a little disappointed. Perhaps because the mood created felt as if a Prodigy kinda mayhem was expected on my behalf.
In other words; the backing of this is totally awesome, but the middle drum part just lacked in power. If I hear for instance the first kick come in; it has the power but I fear your compressor settings just make it fall flat in those sections like a soufflé. If I had a bit more knowledge on compressors and how to use em properly I would have been able to give some advise, but alas I fail miserably in that department.

What I can say though; sometimes you gain more by turning down rather then pumping up ;)

So was that a vote for more drum punch or less?

I'm glad you liked the backing, drums aside and thanks for the comments and you're not the only one learning bout compressors. ;)

I'm not so knowledgeable either, but I really like that song. One thing that I feel stands out is how you filled the space. Most of the songs I've listened to from KVR so far sound very flat as far as filling up a 3D soundstage.

Some of your sounds seem to come from very far. Can you share how you did it? Or is just accidental? It sure fills the space nicely when listening to it on my new Genelec monitors.

I'll have to revisit the track when I get my system rebuilt. I stupidly locked my machine Id for Absynth out expecting to upgrade earlier but alas instead I have been a month without it now :(

Hopefully in the next week or so. As for the rest I have good ears, use of reverb and preset tweeking :)

Now for the Drums, I'll revise them after my upgrade so stay tuned. In the mean time a little gem dedicated to our cat.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~dolphinsong/Mikki.mp3

Enjoy

Shameless Bump.

Thanks for the conversion.....man I really like this....perculates along nicely. Great sound choices for the intro. I don't mind the drums but I'd really like to hear them fire up at the 2:58 mark....and then again at 3:35. I know it's quite bass heavy but an interesting bass line in there would add some color and character. Work on the drums a bit more and i think you'll have yourself a great tune.

Nice job.....dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

blitze -
you sound like an experienced TRACKtion user. I cannot find the info in the reference guide or onscreen as to what method you use to assign audio/midi outputs - it says to click on the track to select it and then choose from the track's audio devices, but they don't show up and I am trying to make this CD for my kid's talent show tomorrow - any bright ideas???
pintaderaent
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ASSIGN AUDIO OUTPUTS IN TRACKTIONEER???? THE REFERENCE GUIDE SAYS TO CLICK ON THE TRACK TO SELECT ITS OUTPUT DEVICES BUT THEY DON'T SHOW UP ANYWHERE ON THE SCREEN AND I'M ON A DEALINE!!!

Are you wanting separate assigning of your audio output or just your standard Stereo?

I'm just using Stereo for my audio output through my Gina 3G.
As for assigning midi and recording to your tracks, just drag from your plugins to the track you want instruments or effects on (the right side of the track) and check your corresponding inputs on the left side of the track.

If you select a track you can also check the mid lower area of your screen for track options.

Thanks, it's nice to know someone is out there who actually knows what they're doing - i am trying to make a CD for my kid's talent show (thought it would be a good 'little' project to learn this software on) and here's something else i don't understand - if i'm using a synth with mono 1/4 output jack and I send it to my audio interface's 1/4 input jack, wouldn't it receive it as audio rather than midi? How could the audio interface know if an audio track was coming from midi or not if it's a 1/4 inch jack? yet it seems to...it tells me i have to assign a midi output device to it...this doesn't make sense to me and it's why i started looking for the outputs in the first place...can you explain this? I'm going up to my music computer to see if your tip gets me over the hump here..i'll check back later to see if you can unravel this deeper mystery -thanks!
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ASSIGN AUDIO OUTPUTS IN TRACKTIONEER???? THE REFERENCE GUIDE SAYS TO CLICK ON THE TRACK TO SELECT ITS OUTPUT DEVICES BUT THEY DON'T SHOW UP ANYWHERE ON THE SCREEN AND I'M ON A DEALINE!!!

You can right click the track input (on the left side of the track) to select your audio hardwares inputs. For instance when I right click mine (Gina 3G) I have Audio 1, Audio 2, and Midi to select from.

This is on a track by track basis.

Get used to dragging and dropping and right clicking, it will reveal a lot of options and answers to you. Tracktion is one of the easiest Audio Host programs I have used. Pretty straght forward which might be too much for those used to conveluted software interfaces. ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”