Ethnic-orchestral song

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"Journey to Lands Forgotten"
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInf ... ID=3594086

Film style orchestration, layers of ethnic percussion, Middle-Eastern vibes.

Er, kinda long... hope that doesn't turn you off. I think it's a pretty neat tune. Give it a listen. :)

YES!
BAD ASS MOFO

Nice evolving themes!

The ethnic percussion contrasts in an enticing way with the orchestration and fills me with unusual imagery.

Thanks for sharing.

A great song!! You really got to the essence of this style. I like the feel (soundtrack music is my first love) and the variation.

The piano sound @ about 3:30 sounds a bit erm... subdued? It does not sound as realistic, while the strings sound great at most parts.

I rarely comment songs here, but this is real good !

Yay! Thanks for the feedback. :love:

You really got to the essence of this style.
lol, thanks man. Means a lot coming from you, as you're no slouch with this style yourself. :D

Killer melodies! This is wonderful. Nice movement and orchestration.

crits: I found the filtered wind distracting and somewhat cliched and there are some spots in your exotic percussion where you could grab a much harder accent, imo. With harder accents, the syncopation would be much more dramatic and give the piece an even more definitive shape.

-S

Very nicely done!

being a visual kinda-guy

very visual...
You really captured the mid-east vibe and I really liked elements you chose to use in the mix. Orchestration was tops!

The use of wind was a nice touch (gimmick....I :love: gimmicks) for transportation.
for entertaining porpoises only

Shane Sanders wrote:I found the filtered wind distracting and somewhat cliche
Hehe, I'm truly sorry about the wind... it's the only wind sample I have. :D It does sound a bit fake.

Arglebargle wrote:
Shane Sanders wrote:I found the filtered wind distracting and somewhat cliche
Hehe, I'm truly sorry about the wind... it's the only wind sample I have. :D It does sound a bit fake.
On the way home from work I was thinking that you might try some rain sticks instead. You could still filter them and get a similar 'feel'... just a thought.

This is quite loverly indeed, very well put together and great sounds used. Movement and melody 8)

Sepheritoh wrote:The piano sound @ about 3:30 sounds a bit erm... subdued? It does not sound as realistic
Hm, the subdued sound was pretty much exactly what I was after. ;)

Really liked it :) Excellent composition. Those fast string runs are awesome too! What samples are you using?

The faster section after 4:30 is truly sweet... 8)

If I had to make any suggestions:
-entire mix too bright for my taste, especially the percussion. It wears on my ears a bit.
-percussion a bit too loud, especially in the first 2:30.

Thanks for sharing!

Too bright, eh? I added some high-end EQ cuz I felt the mix was too dull! :D

s'pose that's what you get for mixing with cheap multimedia speakers. :roll: :lol:

Jeremy_NSL wrote:What samples are you using?
GPO 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”