pierrot

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

a little atonal song based (loosely) on the first seven movements of pierrot lunaire:

www.rachmiel.org/pierrot.mp3

thanks for listening. :-)

somewhat more organic of timbre than one is used to in your presence
flows nicely and creates the right amount of tension to keep it interesting

> somewhat more organic of timbre than one is used to in your presence

hey, are you callin' me in-organic!? even (recovering) atonalists have organs!!

superb susseration ...

you are the suzerain of synaesthetic synthesis ...

> suzerain of synaesthetic synthesis

hey, you callin' me a SoSS(y)!? ;-)

thanks vurt and normal. :-)

anyone else feel it?

Edgy. Very edgy. Still retains the foreboding alien atmosphere typical of the serialist music from which it's sourced. In parts it even makes me think of Gesang der Jünglinge.

Just to stop this being pure gush, it'd be cool to hear a few of the really quick and busy portions brought to life with some jump cutting. As always, this is just my personal aesthetic speaking.

Great track. Shame this hasn't had more interest.

Beautiful piece, rachmiel. Sounds much more 'composed' than usual, very well structured. Does recreate that serialist vibe very well.

cron: like your cutting idea. and i know what you mean about the gush ... will consider. :-)

dyst: so happy to have done something you like! our aesthetics are so different (are they?) that it comes as a nice surprise. :-)

rachmiel wrote:cron: like your cutting idea. and i know what you mean about the gush ... will consider. :-)
Just to clear up any possible confusion, I meant gush as in praise. Nothing to do with the sonics.
Last edited by cron on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

> I meant gush as in praise

aha! i didn't realize that. praise is not something i'm very familiar with ... ;-)

Another good one, Rick!

:D
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

thanks, donovan. :-)

I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the great stuff everyone's donw the last couple months..

:drunk:
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

gesang der jünglinge indeed.. (as it happens i listened to it for the first itme the other day and it was f**king scary :scared:)
Your piece is certainly in that vein. I like it! :D
I'm a bit of a serial music/12 tone/"real"ambient layman tho.

But each time I listen to modern/avantgarde stuff I thnk, there's a soundtrack to a scary film in there.

Kinda reminds me of some Lee Ranaldo guitar noodlings ca 1982 too, I love that stuff :love:

Marco :)

Return to “Music Cafe”