[Hard DnB - 3:40, 320Kbps] - Carma Carma

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well I don't think the drums are boring, just picked up the ride cymbal sounds on one section now that I like - listening to it again & maybe the bass is a bit too busy constantly?
I dunno - I like aggressive bass & this ones definately aggressive.
Maybe it's taking up a big chunk of the frequency?
I have friends who used to produce jungle (l-double & deadly-d) & they used to say that getting those crazy fat basses to sit in the mix & be crazy & fat at the same time was bloody hard - a major part of the art in producing drum & bass.

i agree with that. The bass is a little too busy and occupies a significant part of the frequency spectrum (the right word?). The next track, i'd like to see the entire song made by your own programming(no pre-fab beats). :-) Looking forward to it. I love the ending too. Is that time stretching or is it stuttered by detailed piano-roll editing? (layering quick notes in succession)

blah
Last edited by splattabreakz on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
galaxy rayyys! powerful.

i like the tune too. but it gets a bit dull at some point. the bass and breaks are the only thing that keep the tune goin and i feel it's not enough. some stabs and crazy edits would take this to a new level. and i also think the reece is overly processed (at least for my tastes that is)

all in all tis a good tune.

edit: i'd lowpass the reece to cut some of the mids to give the drums a little more room to breath. hmmmm....maybe... :shrug:

splattabreakz wrote:welly welly well, not my type of dnb but you got the skill to pay the billz dhude :)

can only repeat whats already been said and maybe lower the resonance on the reece ting so it squelches a little less, otherwise turn the f**ker right up and charter new territory to make old man krim happy . hes just sour cos hes 2wice your age and half as talented ;p

BOSH!

*runs for cover :p
i think im actually more than twice his age....so prob less than half his 'talent'

i stand corrected twice today by thou. i wonder how long this could go on for? maybe i'll just keep posting useless attempts at humour every time you do?
galaxy rayyys! powerful.

splattabreakz wrote:i stand corrected twice today by thou.
Did i miss the other one? :?
splattabreakz wrote:maybe i'll just keep posting useless attempts at humour every time you do?
Its a hard habit to break.

This track doesn't really do much for me I'm afraid. maybe I'm not a good critic since I don't like this type of Drum & Bass much, but the bass is too busy/prominent and there could be some more breaks/variation in the drums IMHO.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

I would have listened but aaaaargh i left my headphones at home.

going by comments about bass taking up too much frequencies, I tend to eq out from 150Hz to 1-2000Hz a great big hollow for the drums to sit in, basically just making the bass consist of the deep bass and the distorted top end. obviously I haven't heard this case though,

Great track. Its been said b4 but I REALLY like the drums . I heard sum1 say "a little repetitive", but all the better for eating "sweeties" to :D . And i usually get peckish listening to a quality track like this.
Good work,
Bendy

Nothing groundbreaking but well executed. Drums could use a bit more variation as was said, really like the heavily distorted bass though.

well I listened to this on little in-ear sennheiser headphones at work.

there is something about the bass distortion which 'doesn't work' with the headphones, it sounds like it's clipping really hard in the wrong way :? obviously not ideal listening situation though, but the mid-high distortion just sounded too much like it was breaking up, without carrying the bassline harmony. not sure if the same applies on speakers but it didn't sound too good on the phones.

other constructive criticism: structure needed a bit more work, eg more of a build up to the main drop, and more variations and break downs perhaps. Drums sounded quite good and tight though but the loops sounded familiar!. 'part from that seemed OK, though not ideal listening conditions for me to comment too much

I just love the reese. If you don't mind me asking, [doa mode]how did you make it?[/doa mode]. It sounds more like a crunchy bass guitar riff than a reese bass line.
"God...He's my favourite fictional character." Homer.

gimme more music. i'm going leaving in the morning. so, um, please?

Barbed Wire Kiss wrote:I just love the reese. If you don't mind me asking, [doa mode]how did you make it?[/doa mode]. It sounds more like a crunchy bass guitar riff than a reese bass line.
No problem mate

The bass is 3 different resamples. 2 of them were made with Synth1, the other with Voyager. The winding reese is synth1 (your basic 2 detuned saws) > Fruity Chorus > Camelphatfree > TLs Saturated Driver. I set Synth1's portamento a bit up and recorded it gliding up and down chaotically and then bounced it to wave. Then I took this new sample in the fruity sampler channel and turned the glide on that sampler to roughly 1 quarter note and again entered notes into the piano roll to make it glide even more chaotically yet controllably, if that makes sense despite "controllably" not being a word. I also grabbed a snipet of this sample to place at the beginning of the first 3 measures in the first bassline.

The third is Voyager (2 detuned ramps again) > Fruity Chorus > Camelphatfree > Voxengo Tube Amp (If I remember right) resampled into a Fruity sampler. The Fruity Chorus (Shortest delay, maximum stereo spread) going into camelphatfree is one of my secret weapons. Cheers.
Last edited by The Chase on Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”