Remix Unique 3

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

diverdee wrote:by the time the record deal came there were actually four of them.
:hihi:
the original nightmares on wax (back when they were still releasing extremely dirty housey techno)
I have a very crackly dextrous, aftermath and a word of science. Can still remember the shock as my walls almost fell down from the bass of dextrous. Give them my love and appreciation. :)

Do you remember a track from around the same time aftermath was out (or thereabouts) by Ital Rockers from leeds.
Think it was called 'the anthem', or 'ital anthem' - had a sound like a bee buzzing running through it.
Some class tunes back then, early house stuff, trax recordss inspired - really minimal & visceral.
Unique 3's 'code 0274' is still a tune that I can feel.
Not meaning to derail the thread, guess it's a sly bump really :D

Wow, I like this a lot!! Some Boards of Canada sounds among the Aphex among the Nightmares on Wax... but quite unique. What kind of hardware/software did you use? The drums/percussives are very nice.

Cool remix there choo , ive still got a copy unique 3's debut album 'jus unique' on vinyl just wish i could remix the track 'code 0274' which still sounds fresh instead of 'the theme' which sounds very dated nowadays.

thelord wrote:What kind of hardware/software did you use? The drums/percussives are very nice.
Mostly free stuff. Made in Muzys. A bit of Imposcar. A touch of FM7, synth1, DaHornet, Cheeze Machine. Some found sounds and a whole lot of know-how :hihi: The percussiony bits are mostly the original sounds, lo-fi'd up some with a more fashionable kick added. The only hardware outside my PC is a sound recorder that's been used to make impulses to mess up some of the pads.
diverdee wrote:Do you remember a track from around the same time aftermath was out (or thereabouts) by Ital Rockers from leeds.
No. But discogs does. Sure I've heard it in my farmer-pestering days. I'll bet I bumped into them in some dark basement in Leeds too.
CANE CREEK wrote:Cool remix there choo
Why thank you. I had to dust down my velvet suit and twiddle my cigarette holder to make it extra cool.
code 0274
Yes. A good'un. Before it got all polite. There's an innocence about the early bleep records- dirty but sweet. Can still see the wobbly vinyl spinning and the speakers straining.

choochcat wrote:
diverdee wrote:Do you remember a track from around the same time aftermath was out (or thereabouts) by Ital Rockers from leeds.
No. But discogs does. Sure I've heard it in my farmer-pestering days. I'll bet I bumped into them in some dark basement in Leeds too.
It's on warp 10+1, although the only audio sample I can find is a wma snippet on amazon. Great tune, massive bass.
code 0274
Yes. A good'un. Before it got all polite. There's an innocence about the early bleep records- dirty but sweet. Can still see the wobbly vinyl spinning and the speakers straining.
Yeah, there's a really weird sort of richness and humanity to the records that somehow comes out of quite how cheap and electronic a lot of the sounds are. Wish I'd been there at the time to really experience it.

Pioneers of the Hypnotic Groove is probably the only 'rare' record I've spent noticeable money on...

Is Pioneers of the Hypnotic Groove by casper pound on rising high records ? , if it is then it certainly aint rare they were sold by the truck load back in the early 90's i have a copy and so do all my friends.

CANE CREEK wrote:Is Pioneers of the Hypnotic Groove by casper pound on rising high records ? , if it is then it certainly aint rare they were sold by the truck load back in the early 90's i have a copy and so do all my friends.
No, it's the old Warp compilation from god knows when - the one with Forgemasters, Nightmares on Wax, Tricky Disco, LFO, DJ Minx and so on and so forth...

its rare you say...hmm, interesting...

time to start selling my vinyl... :)

Well, I got a slightly tatty copy for twenty quid, so it's not going to fund your retirement, but it seemed like a lot of money for second hand vinyl given that I was a starving student at the time...

twenty quid is alright...all my vinyl is in the uk and i live in macedonia now and dont fancy paying to get it all carted over here...would be nice, but the cash would be more useful these days...

american promo copy of the lfo album anyone? maybe a nice white vinyl what is house 12"...

i'll stick a message somewhere appropriate when im selling..

right, lets hear some more unique 3 remixes..i just started on mine so it'll be a little while yet. :)

DWb wrote:
CANE CREEK wrote:Is Pioneers of the Hypnotic Groove by casper pound on rising high records ? , if it is then it certainly aint rare they were sold by the truck load back in the early 90's i have a copy and so do all my friends.
No, it's the old Warp compilation from god knows when - the one with Forgemasters, Nightmares on Wax, Tricky Disco, LFO, DJ Minx and so on and so forth...
i own all the early warp releases right from the first release "forge masters - Track with no name" which was on outer rhythm/warp records.
Ive been selling my records for quite sometime now on Ebay and to be honest the early warp stuff just doesn't generate much interest , i find the big money records are rare stuff by Aphex twin or stuff on his rephlex label , Boards of canada or early carl craig.

heres some of better sales up to now.

carl craigs Yennik i payed £7.99 and sold for £28.00
leftfield phat planet 10" (limited to 1000) i payed £5.00 and sold for £16.00 (i sold 3 copies of this)
Cylob rewind (rephlex) i payed £4.00 sold for £18.00
DMK Krew good night girl (rephlex) i payed £5.00 sold for £21.00
Cylob industrial folk songs (rephlex) i payed £4.49 sold for £16.00
UR galaxy to galaxy i payed £12.00 sold for £21.49

I just wish i'd of bought more on the rephlex label ebayer's go mad for that label.

Ive got thousands of classic old house music and it just doesnt generate any interest , you struggle to get a £1 for any of the classic strictly rhythm stuff.

CANE CREEK wrote:Ive been selling my records for quite sometime now on Ebay and to be honest the early warp stuff just doesn't generate much interest , i find the big money records are rare stuff by Aphex twin or stuff on his rephlex label ,
sorted...joyrex j4,j5,j9,analogue bubblebath, universal indicators..ebay here you come my black plastic friends.. :)

I'm loving that my review thread has turned into ageneral appreciation of sounds from Detroit, Sheffield, Cornwall and the grubbier bits of London. Get your own thread :x :hihi:

Hi, dunno if any of you lot actually entered, but if you have, have you heard from the poke records guys? I emailed a couple of months ago and they said that the results would be out within a week. I emailed again a couple of weeks ago and heard no reply. Can anyone enlighten me on the situation?

Return to “Music Cafe”