This I Endure

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a longer, more ambient (I guess) track. It's based on a recording of computer noise (I really need a new cabinet). Filters and delays in the digital domain.

This I Endure

11:30 - 256kbps - 21Mb

Edit: 192-version for the band-width impaired: http://www.respirator.dk/this_i_endure_lq.mp3

There's lots of bass in this (so my bass wanting friends can get their subs exercised). It's nice on cans, but preferably you should lay down comfortably in a dark room and fire up your speakers (and some funny tobacco if you're thus inclined) and let your mind wander to this digital depiction of a smoldering fireplace.

If you wake up again I'd appreciate a comment.

I know I'm pretty productive right now, but don't worry, it won't last...
Last edited by respirator on Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

unfortunately i can't listen at optimum levels to feel the bass right now, so i'm musing more on the glistening frequencies which come and go with the steady randomness of biological rhythms, if that makes sense. there's a fascinating depth to this piece as a result of the welling up and waning of the delays - its nicely subdued and somewhat soothing.

regards

Yes, soothing. Like a distillation of underground train travel. And there's a real throat to the bass from time to time. No humorous tobacco handy, but it goes well with beer.

21mb though! All hail sound quality, but isn't 256kbps edging towards the obsessive? I hear God himself never encodes above 192. And he has magic powers.

Knockman + Barnadine. Two of my favorite kvr-singers. Thanks a lot.

Mike: If god doesn't encode @ 256 then he/she/it doesn't use the full frequency spectrum :P

I've uploaded a 192-version. Link in original post.

Bless you, Thomas. I'm just bitter because my hard drive is almost full. :(

I aim to please :D And get thee a new hard drive!

beautiful. i'm listening with my sony headphones, so the bass is nice and strong. i agree with barnadine: it's very resonant underground train ride. i wouldn't be surprised if the bass layer is managing to sync up with relaxation/pleasure brain waves: it's so soothing.

rachmiel wrote:beautiful. i'm listening with my sony headphones, so the bass is nice and strong. i agree with barnadine: it's very resonant underground train ride. i wouldn't be surprised if the bass layer is managing to sync up with relaxation/pleasure brain waves: it's so soothing.
An interesting build up atmosphere
I really like the clarity of bass freqs, well done
Cheers

brilliant as usual.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

Rachmiel, Lagune, intel. Thanks a lot. I'm very pleased you liked it.

Thought I posted yesterday on this one. First thought, too much bass. ( :hihi: I kid, I kid).

This excellent, Thomas. A surprising heaviness, even though it is actually fairly quiet.

Mysterious and beautiful sounds... glad you posted in 256, this needs a high bitrate. Every track you post is my favourite of yours while it's playing, and this is no exception.

Thanks Shamann and Dystonia :D The old traffic tracks are reposted in 256 should you be interested. The 40-minute track is in 192 though (big enough file as is).

I not only endured, but I also fully enjoyed

Fantastic!

Thanks Mark!

Return to “Music Cafe”