[Ambient ProgRock] AmbProck

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally a new track (5 min. long). I would describe the style as ProgRock with Ambient Textures, so it's called

AmbProck

As always, comments would be very appreciated. Enjoy.
Andreas (I presume my forefathers were apes)

Image Listen to some Monkey-Music

:?:

Don't be worried. I wanted to hear this as soon as I saw the announcement, but got distracted. You know how it is.

I like the opening, makes me curious. The bass climbs a 1/2 note without the rest following, an effect that distracts more than it lifts, I think. Wrinkled my nose. But the dobro-sounding guitar unwrinkled it again. I like most of the parts of the song, but they sound a little disconnected. (Is that the Malström choir?)

In fact, some of this is really delicious and I wish it felt more coherent. I lose interest now and then, and then it reels me in again. A good effort - although I think you need to thicken up the pads a bit and maybe let them stitch together the song a little better.

I liked it, and here we go for listen number three. :)

Thanks.
Rakkervoksen

Hovmod wrote:In fact, some of this is really delicious and I wish it felt more coherent. I think you need to thicken up the pads a bit and maybe let them stitch together the song a little better.

I liked it, and here we go for listen number three. :)
Thanks so much for your extended review, Hovmod. :)

You really listen 3 times to this one? Wow! :o

Yes, it's often a problem of my songs not being a completely rounded piece of work. It's simply because sometimes I like diversified songs having strong breaks in it. But it's clear that this isn't everyone's taste.

Btw., the choir is taken from a sample CD.

Actually I think I've been listening to this now for 3 times at least allready....

Pretty good listen too; where I must say (be it personal taste) that I felt the rock gitars to be a bit out of place; not that they didn't fit, but the sound of it I felt not to work too well with the rest of the sounds especially the banjo-gitar-sound(?)

Good to hear something from you again though; it's been too long

I had a listen to your song and being a fan of this ambient-prog style, of course I like it. :)

There is indeed at 0:49 a halftone lift in bass that is 2 bars earlier. I feel that doesn't belong there, for doesn't bring anything special to the sound nor it prepares properly the guitar passage that follows.

I like the way you use the variation in your theme, changing effects and style; that avoids boredomness and keep the listener intrested. Some passings from one variation to other feels too sudden to me; they need to be better welded togheter for a smoother transition.

Overall it is a solid track that one listen with pleasure without closing the player in the middle of the song. :hihi:

Please excuse my rough english and I hope you understood what I was trying to tell you here.

Regards, Petru

---------------

http://www.soundclick.com/petrudeludamsa

---------------

Nice sounding and interesting themes
Excellent production, distort guitars sounds a bit 'unreal' and too much filtered and distant sometimes, but it's my taste (just a matter of sound, parts are ok).
Anyway very good
Cheers

Some cool parts, I agree with others though that it seems a bit disjointed, and I definitely thought the rock guitar was out of place. Overall enjoyed it, nice effort!
Image Image

The acoustic sounds a bit harsh, and the transition from acoustic to electric is to sudden, almost like a clean cut.

Halfway it sounds as if the piece will end but then it comes back in. I think this piece would be great with some kind of solo instrument. The bass lead and oohs work nicely into the second part - which is so different from the first that this almost sounds like two different songs to me.

The repeating synth pad is confusing to me.

Overall this is not a very coherent piece but there are lots and lots of interesting ideas in here that I think you could build upon to make at least three or four songs out of!
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Lots of great ideas in this track. I think you could gel it together with a more comprehensive approach to drums (maybe?).

Wow, so many reviews. :o Thanks so much, guys. :)

And thanks for the many good ideas. The most obvious one: I have to try to better link the different parts of the track. Hopefully I will be successful.

I think you did a pretty good job of transitioning from part to part
but then I myself make terribly disjointed music.

I think you've deftly demonstrated your personal and quite unique vision in this song.

Return to “Music Cafe”