380 seconds [shamann remixed/drone]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been tinkering with shamann's 38 one second tracks.
This is essentially a mashup of all 38 tracks developed into a 380 second drone.

380s

Thanks shamann! for releasing this material under a cc licence :D

Cool.

Listening through, at a certain point the up/down sounds are like staring at one of those hypno-swirly-discs. Sounds like a bunch of noisemakers swallowed by a whale, thrashing about inside. So, are these mostly slowed down, timestretched, convolved with each other? For the life of me, I couldn't spot a sound from the original. Now you've got me wondering were those climbing scale-like sounds were.

Very cool. Thanks grilla, made my night.

Hey, glad you like it!
THe general process was to stack all 38 on top of each other and duplicate them. Pitch the duplicates down one octave and stretch the the whole lot to about 350 secs.
Arrange and automate several instances of nitro to taste.
I've been using this method recently. It produces digital/grainy/rumbly sounds which can be tamed (or not) by filtering.
The idea of drone mashups appeals to my sense of humour too.

Guess that method works, then! This is some prime spooky droneage.

We'll see if 'drone mashup' turns out to be the new music cafe craze for the spring of '06.

Interesting process = interesting result.

dystonia_ek wrote:We'll see if 'drone mashup' turns out to be the new music cafe craze for the spring of '06.
That said, I guess I can't participate.

:hihi:
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Wonderful environment for parsing through a 26 page document of single-spaced, small-font legalese. No shit...worked wonders.

....at the beginning, spooky in the middle and at the end ...spooky! strange atmo...but very
COOOOOL

Delicious stuff here, 'grilla..Gave my sub a work-out.

8)
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

thanks for the comments folks
Sickle wrote:Delicious stuff here, 'grilla..Gave my sub a work-out.

8)
Cool, I have fantasies about making a subsonic track that is heard by the viscera rather than the ears...

Making for quite the intriguing listen 8)

cool,
thanks for tuning in M.

Return to “Music Cafe”