advice requested - further development generally - examples.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings

As I think I may be stuck with the same old same old most of the time and people don't particularly care about my music, I thought I'd try and ask you for ways to improve it, if you have any suggestions. Mixing it with some particular genre...more something....less something etcetera etcetera.

I just made this track recently, entitled: there's blood on your fingers, but I also suggest listening to Lava, it's more atmospheric/ambient like. Grand selection is pretty much a sketch, making some more atypical/disharmonic melodies.

All suggestions, tips etc. are very welcome!

And the site: (downloads + streaming doesn't require membership)
http://www.music-spot.net/snow
tracks:
there's blood on your fingers (which probably isn't finished by the way)
Lava

Also directly available here:
http://www.music-spot.net/music/downloa ... &mappeid=8
http://www.music-spot.net/music/downloa ... &mappeid=8

Regards and thank you very much![/u]

Ok, I checked out all 3. They all have kind of a nice dreamy quality to them, something I could stick on in the background and work to. I'd say there's some potential here.

I guess if I had any comments about the writing I would say Blood on Your Fingers and Grand Selection seemed maybe too static in some ways though, certainly the drum patterns had no real life or variety to them and some of the sounds seemed a bit stale.

You know, music is so subjective though, and I don't believe my opinion is any more valid than yours or someone else's. It's always nice to please others with your art, but I think primarily writing music is about satisfying an inner urge. In other words, if you're happy with your music, ultimately that's all that matters.

Keep at it!
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Ok, I checked out all 3. They all have kind of a nice dreamy quality to them, something I could stick on in the background and work to. I'd say there's some potential here.

I guess if I had any comments about the writing I would say Blood on Your Fingers and Grand Selection seemed maybe too static in some ways though, certainly the drum patterns had no real life or variety to them and some of the sounds seemed a bit stale.

You know, music is so subjective though, and I don't believe my opinion is any more valid than yours or someone else's. It's always nice to please others with your art, but I think primarily writing music is about satisfying an inner urge. In other words, if you're happy with your music, ultimately that's all that matters.

Keep at it!
Great! Thank you very much for listening! :)

Ok, yeah, I usually don't make very varying drum patterns, I'll try and work on that! Especially when I get some gear to possibly play it live.

Your opinion is very valuable and useful to hear anyway though. My own opinion is too biased....or at least, I think I'd have difficulty suggesting myself how to move on. I think my music is acceptable really, I typically love it when making it, but after a while I am more neutral and think that...well..it's ok. What I am seeking is new elements and tips for developing, rather than remaining stale within my own created musical world.

Will do, thank yuo for the encouragement! :tu:

Regards

Any suggestions to how I can deambientify it?

Regards

Return to “Music Cafe”