check out my latest psychedelic work

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dsp music wrote:Well it's weird it worked fine for me, and on the first time ...i use opera as well :?

Anyway, i listened to it baniev, and i think it really sound old compared to what's done nowadays in psytrance ... I know you're a big fan of astral projection but i must say that the kick drum and bass needs more power. listen to some of their latest tracks and you'll hear it's much more "on your face".
As for the leads, totally agree with arke, it needs more life than the usual modulation.
I fi can suggest sthg different, try to put some leads that use different "spectrum zones". I find the track globally to sound too much on the highs
I don't wanna sound like the stuff nowadays, i hate fullon, you know all classic artists now produce fullon and i hate it really.
I´m on f**king fire!
Listen psytrance @ http://radio.powernet.bg/

So, you used catnip for the lead, that's nice.

Your filehost is smeared with rectal chocolate. It is the whore of Satan.

So, is this goat rancid?
...not bad.

http://www.badongo.com/file/347489

this link should work for everyone, i uploaded it on badongo.com because yousendit didn't appear again, this site sucks.
I´m on f**king fire!

no need to make full on but just listen to the production, the way the bass sounds, the kick .... even astral projection AMEN album (and it's form 2003 or 2004) has a very powerful kick drum and a bass that shakes your body like if you were dancing intentionnaly.

dsp music wrote:no need to make full on but just listen to the production, the way the bass sounds, the kick .... even astral projection AMEN album (and it's form 2003 or 2004) has a very powerful kick drum and a bass that shakes your body like if you were dancing intentionnaly.
yeahb tu they know how to do it, i don't, so could you please tell me which effect is suitable for better bass sound, the synths are good for basssound, i think a good bassound must be with short decay filter, isn't it?
I´m on f**king fire!

There are a few tutorials on the net about how to achieve a good full on bass sound ... i know you don't want to do full on but i can give you some good starting points to achieve a personal bass sound that will fit your tracks

panpapason's website has a good tutorial about it
You can find some tips as well on the isratrance forum, about both kick and bass sound, you may even find some nice kicks samples to start with (look at the sticky threads there)

Why don't you try copying an existing tune, getting as close as you can, making the sounds you need etc. It will let you see how arragements are done, where the dynamics go and how they are achieved, how the sound design is used in the mix.

You track is quite long a repetetive, and doesn't do much over time. You should be bringing parts in an old a bit more. Also, this kind of stuff is more than just sequencing synth lines, you need to work on production skills, learn how to blend multiple parts together, and how to use compression.

Also, if your beats are weak you kill a track like this from the start. Concentrate just on the beats, use eq and compression and get those sounding real good first - once you have those, it will inspire you more for the rest of the track.

Baniev wrote:the melodies could be a bit beter but i don't know really to create trancemelodies, could anyone help me ot make that uplifting trancemelodies like astral projection, iám really wondering what do they do what others can't do, damn what's the trick?
They have a) suitable scales (don't ask me what they are, I don't know), b) absolutely wonderful layered synths sounds and c) lots of stuff going on at the same time: harmonies, counterpoint. It takes quite a bit time to learn how to make good (read: dynamic and varied) melodies. I recommend that you try making melodies in different scales to find ones that work for you. In addition you could try googling for info on what different scales sound like so you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Oh, and d) filter cutoff modulation. :hihi:

And remember, AP have been making music since the 80's.

Finally!

I'm glad I checked back and found an alternative d/l site.

I agree that the percussion is too low in the mix - it doesn't shake enough - but the general feel and instrumentation is not bad at all.
I think that if you sorted out your bass / drums levels, this'd be a pretty good track. Some good sounds going on and the leads sound pretty clear. If only the backbeat was more upfront...

ps - not really psi-trance, but check this out. Maybe you'll enjoy. :)

jivamukti wrote:
Baniev wrote:the melodies could be a bit beter but i don't know really to create trancemelodies, could anyone help me ot make that uplifting trancemelodies like astral projection, iám really wondering what do they do what others can't do, damn what's the trick?
They have a) suitable scales (don't ask me what they are, I don't know), b) absolutely wonderful layered synths sounds and c) lots of stuff going on at the same time: harmonies, counterpoint. It takes quite a bit time to learn how to make good (read: dynamic and varied) melodies. I recommend that you try making melodies in different scales to find ones that work for you. In addition you could try googling for info on what different scales sound like so you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Oh, and d) filter cutoff modulation. :hihi:

And remember, AP have been making music since the 80's.
okay thank you very much guys, i don't know what are scales, i must aktually read more tutorials and stuff, but are here some who make good trancemelodies that i can use them and edit them, on FL Studio there are some melodies but they all shound shit and don't fit for psychedleic trance.
I´m on f**king fire!

Glassback wrote:Finally!

I'm glad I checked back and found an alternative d/l site.

I agree that the percussion is too low in the mix - it doesn't shake enough - but the general feel and instrumentation is not bad at all.
I think that if you sorted out your bass / drums levels, this'd be a pretty good track. Some good sounds going on and the leads sound pretty clear. If only the backbeat was more upfront...

ps - not really psi-trance, but check this out. Maybe you'll enjoy. :)
Glassback your track sounds very well, it could be called psytrance, why not? It's definetly not normal trance which i don't like, very very clear sounds and very clear production quality, which mastering tolls do you use man?
I´m on f**king fire!

Entirely constructed in Orion, then exported and mastered in Adobe Audition.

I kinda hoped you'd comment in the thread and give it a little *bump*. :lol:

Glassback wrote:Entirely constructed in Orion, then exported and mastered in Adobe Audition.

I kinda hoped you'd comment in the thread and give it a little *bump*. :lol:
Now i posted the same sentence in your other thread that you linked :P :hihi: :hihi:
I´m on f**king fire!

Baniev wrote:yeahb tu they know how to do it, i don't, so could you please tell me which effect is suitable for better bass sound, the synths are good for basssound, i think a good bassound must be with short decay filter, isn't it?
Try z3ta+; it has a powerful sound and is capable of excellent basses. And do read the relevant topics over at Isratrance; there's a lot of discussion of making basses there and they should help you quite a bit.

Baniev wrote:but the most stuff is cantrip and JX16, even the bassline is cantrip.
what's this cantrip synth?? didn't find anything relevant nor here or on google :roll:

Return to “Music Cafe”